There’s no denying that Young Dolph was a smart guy. He knew how to get his point across in a way that makes sense, and he was not afraid to speak his mind.
That’s why his quotes were so interesting – they offered a unique perspective on life and business. Although Young Dolph is no more, his words continue to inspire people all over the world.
In this article, we will list some of our favorite quotes from Young Dolph. We hope you enjoy them!
About Young Dolph
Young Dolph was born on 27th July 1985, in Chicago, Illinois. His actual name was Adolph Thornton Jr. and he was an American rapper, singer, and songwriter.
His family moved to Memphis, Tennessee when he was only two years old.
Dolph started his musical journey in 2008 when he released his first mixtape named Paper Route Campaign. After that, there was no turning back for him.
Dolph’s music was often characterized as being “street” or “trap” music, and he gained a large following in the underground rap scene.
He was shot multiple times in Charlotte, North Carolina in February 2017 but survived the attack.
Later that year, he released his album Bulletproof, which was widely considered to be a response to the shooting.
In 2020-21 there were rumors that Dolph was planning to retire from the rap game, but he quickly shut those rumors down.
Sadly, on November 17th, 2021, Dolph was shot and killed in Memphis. He was only 36 years old.
Here are some of the best Young Dolph Quotes
While we’re sad to see Dolph go, we’re grateful for the time we had with him and his music. And, of course, we’ll always have his quotes to remember him by.
Without further ado, here are 25 of our favorite Young Dolph quotes:
1. “When I’m finished doing music or whatever, I want people to remember me as just being great.”- Young Dolph
It’s been a little over two years since Young Dolph was shot, and the world is still reeling from the loss. Considered one of the most influential rappers of his generation, Dolph was known for his catchy hooks and clever lyrics.
He was also a trailblazer in the independent music scene, paving the way for other artists to find success outside the major label system. In many ways, Dolph was ahead of his time, and his untimely death has left a huge void in the rap community.
Though he is gone, his music continues to inspire and motivate people all over the world. As he once said, “When I’m finished doing music or whatever, I want people to remember me as just being great.” And that is exactly how he will be remembered.
2. “Have a good team. Let them do what they do and you do what you do. Have people around you that work and that will want to make you work even harder.”- Young Dolph
3. “Once you get up and you finally get across that line and you’ve got a brand to stand on, it’s going to be beneficial.”- Young Dolph
4. “As long as I keep moving up and working, my worth will rise.”- Young Dolph
His lyrics were honest and raw, and he always kept it real with his fans. He was a true hustler, and his work ethic was unmatched. Even though he is gone, his legacy will continue to inspire people for generations to come.
Young Dolph’s music was a source of strength and inspiration for many people, and his words will continue to resonate with people long after his death.
5. “Never downplay nobody. You could be like, ‘Ay, sh*t, there ain’t but seven dollars in my pocket right now.’ Who cares? ‘Cause guess what? An opportunity could come where you can have seven million tomorrow”- Young Dolph
6. “I admire you because you work.” What can we do if you don’t work? “We don’t have much in common.”- Young Dolph
7. “You forego time. That’s the one thing you can’t pay for, the only thing you can’t get back at the end of the day. So you’ll have to learn to sacrifice that time for something you’re trying to invest in.”- Young Dolph
8. “It’s always easier in retrospect to be confident in the decisions you’ve made if they actually worked out. Society admires risk-takers, but only the ones whose risks pay off.”- Young Dolph
Confidence is one of the most admirable qualities a person can possess. It takes guts to go after what you want in life, and even more, courage to believe that you will achieve it. Unfortunately, society often only admires those who take risks if their gamble pays off.
This creates an environment where people are afraid to take chances, for fear of being labeled a failure. As Young Dolph so wisely points out, it’s always easy to be confident in your decisions when they work out.
But the true test of confidence is being able to remain steadfast in your convictions even when things don’t go your way. Those who are able to do this are the ones who ultimately succeed in life. They are the risk-takers that society should really admire.
9. “What I want people to take away from my music, man, is just how to take care of responsibilities, how to live life and enjoy life”- Young Dolph
10. “You only get one shot at life, one life to live, make the most out of it put as many smiles as you can on people’s faces, help as many people as you can, get you some paper. Live life, you and your folks.”- Young Dolph
11. “One year from today, I’ll be on another level. Having more, doing more—whole lot of everything, really. More dope music, bigger music, bigger records”- Young Dolph
It’s hard to believe that it’s been a whole year since Young Dolph was shot dead. It feels like only yesterday that he was making music and touring the world. But in that short time, he’s accomplished so much.
His albums went Platinum. Young Dolph was truly one of the most talented and successful rappers of our generation, and his death is a tragic loss for the music industry. But his legacy will live on through his music, and he will always be remembered as one of the greats.
12. “While you’re waiting on even trying to do anything, try investing in yourself. Just try to keep going up and coming up with new things to do, being creative every day. Make this your life.”- Young Dolph
13. “You know, working with different artists, some people kinda get confused in trying to find their way, I stay true to myself.”- Young Dolph
14. “It’s the reality of being Black in this country. You can have money, and you can be a benefactor and a leader in your community, but all people see is Black skin.”- Young Dolph
15. “Don’t try to… go to work and try to go to the other job. And if you is gonna do other things on the side, make sure it’s like it’s only for the money just to support what you really want to do and you give it your all.”- Young Dolph
Dolph offered some advice to aspiring rappers who are trying to make it in the music industry. He urged them to focus on their craft and not to let anything get in the way of their dreams.
Dolph believed that rappers should only do side projects for the money and not for the glory. This is sage advice for anyone trying to make it in any competitive field. Pursuing your dreams takes dedication and focus.
You can’t let anything stand in your way. If you want something badly enough, you have to go after it with everything you’ve got. That’s what Young Dolph did and unfortunately, his life was cut short as a result. But his legacy will live on through his music and through the advice he gave to other aspiring rappers.
16. “Rule number one (What’s that?), get the money first (Okay) Rule number two (What?), don’t forget to get the money (Ayy)”- Young Dolph
17. “Not a lot of people make it out from where I’m from but I’m a living example showing you that it’s possible. Work hard, play hard.”- Young Dolph
18. “I’m going to invest in my career. I’ma invest in my future. I’ll invest in little dude next to me just because I see something in him. I’m going to do anything that’s beneficial, that I see bringing my future to life. So that’s my money and my time.”- Young Dolph
Dolph spoke about investing in his career and future and helping those around him. He saw value in putting in the hard work to achieve his goals, and he believed that by helping others, he was also helping himself.
These words ring especially true in the current climate, where so many are struggling. Investing in oneself and one’s community is more important than ever. We all have the power to make a difference in the world, and it starts with taking care of our own. Thank you, Young Dolph, for your wisdom. You will be missed.
19. “Because I live and breathe it, I admire the hustle.” Opportunities will knock, doors will swing open, concerns will be vanquished, and risks will pay off for those who work hard.”- Young Dolph
Young Dolph provides an inspiring message to work hard in order to achieve one’s goals. He says that opportunities will come to those who hustle, and doors will open for them. He also mentions that taking risks can lead to success.
This is an uplifting message that encourages people to go after their dreams. It is a reminder that hard work pays off, and that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.
This message is especially relevant in today’s world, where there are so many opportunities for success. It is a reminder that we should all strive to achieve our goals, and that nothing is impossible if we put our minds to it.
20. “Just ’cause my money keep runnin’ like Forrest Gump/I got niggas hate me like I’m Donald Trump.”- Young Dolph
Let’s Wind Up…
If you loved these quotes as much as we did, be sure to share them with your friends. And don’t forget to check out more of Young Dolph’s music – you won’t regret it. He was a great artist and his words were truly inspiring.
We hope you enjoyed this collection of empowering quotes. Do you have a favorite? Let us know in the comments below.