If you’re looking for a thrilling read, look no further than Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. This novel is full of suspense, mystery, and action, and it’s sure to keep you entertained from beginning to end.
In addition to being a great read, Six of Crows is also home to some truly memorable quotes. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best quotes from the book. Keep reading to see what we’ve got in store!
About Six Of Crows
Leigh Bardugo is an Israeli-American author who writes fantasy novels. Six of Crows is the first book in her duology of the same name. The story follows six criminals who are hired to pull off a heist that is sure to be the talk of the town.
The six main characters are: Kaz Brekker, Inej Ghafa, Nina Zenik, Jesper Fahey, Wylan Van Eck, and Matthias Helvar. Each character has their own unique backstory and personality, and they’re all incredibly well-developed.
One of the things that make Six of Crows so special is the relationship between the six main characters. They all start out as strangers, but as the novel progresses, they slowly become a family. This is one of the things that makes the novel so heartwarming, and it’s definitely one of the highlights.
Here are The Top Six Of Crows Quotes
The story in the novel is told from the third-person point of view, of all the six main characters. This allows the reader to get inside the heads of the characters, and it makes for a much more immersive experience.
Now that we’ve talked about the novel itself, let’s take a look at some of the best quotes from Six of Crows.
1. “I have been made to protect you. Only in death will I be kept from this oath.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
Six of Crow’s quotes are some of the best in young adult fiction. In Six of Crows, Leigh Bardugo gives readers a fast-paced, action-packed story that is sure to keep them on the edge of their seats.
Along with an exciting plot, Bardugo also weaves in some amazing quotes that will stay with readers long after they finish the book. For example, one of the Six of Crows’ quotes is “I have been made to protect you.
Only in death will I be kept from this oath.” This quote perfectly encapsulates the loyalty and determination of the characters in the book, and it is sure to resonate with readers.
2. “I will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker. Or I will not have you at all.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
3. “The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
4. “Better terrible truths than kind lies.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
In life, we are often faced with difficult decisions. Should we tell the truth and risk upsetting someone, or should we lie and spare their feelings? It can be tempting to choose the latter option, but as the saying goes, “better terrible truths than kind lies.”
Honesty may not always be easy, but it is always the best policy. By telling the truth, we build trust and respect, two essential ingredients in any relationship.
Lies may seem like a harmless way to avoid conflict, but over time, they can erode trust and damage relationships beyond repair. The next time you are tempted to tell a white lie, remember that it is better, to tell the truth, even if it isn’t easy.
5. “Men mock the gods until they need them, Kaz.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
6. “The water hears and understands. The ice does not forgive.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
7. “Greed may do your bidding, but death serves no man.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
Indeed, greed is often the motivating factor behind many of the world’s problems. Wars are fought over resources, and corporations ruthlessly exploit workers in the pursuit of profit.
But what does all this greed lead to? In the end, death is the only thing that is certain. No matter how much money or power a person has, they cannot escape the inevitability of death.
And so, while greed may temporarily enrich some, it ultimately leads to destruction and death.
8. “The easiest way to steal a man’s wallet is to tell him you’re going to steal his watch. You take his attention and direct it where you want it to go.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
9. “Facts are for the unimaginative.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
10. “The life you live, the hate you feel—it’s poison. I can drink it no longer.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
Life can be tough. There are always going to be people who don’t like you, and there will be times when it feels like the whole world is against you. It’s easy to get caught up in all the negativity and start to hate yourself.
However, it’s important to remember that hate is poisonous. It will eat away at you from the inside until there’s nothing left but a shell of a person.
That’s why it’s so important to let go of the hate and choose to live life with love instead. Love yourself first and foremost, and extend that love to others, even those who seem impossible to like. It might not be easy, but it’s worth it. Because in the end, love is the only thing that truly matters.
11. “I’m the kind of bastard they only manufacture in the barrel.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
12. “When everyone knows you’re a monster, you needn’t waste time doing every monstrous thing.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
13. “Shame holds more value than coin ever can.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
In a world where we are increasingly defined by our wealth and possessions, it is easy to forget the importance of shame. Shame is a powerful emotion that can motivate us to change our behavior and improve our lives.
Unlike money, which can be used to buy things, Shame forces us to confront our mistakes and shortcomings. It is a reminder that we are not perfect and that we need to work hard to be better people.
Though it may be uncomfortable, Shame is an essential part of the human experience. Without it, we would never learn from our mistakes or strive to be better people. the coin can never match.
14. “Brick by brick, I will destroy you.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
15. “Six people, but a thousand ways this insane plan could go wrong.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
16. “Besides, she was the Wraith – the only law that applied to her was gravity, and some days she defied that, too.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
17. “I’m going to get my money, Kaz vowed. And I’m going to get my girl.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
18. “None of us move on without a backward look. We move on always carrying with us those we have lost.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
As we go through life, we will inevitably lose people we love. Whether it is a family member, friend, or even a pet, death is a part of life that we all must face. While it is never easy to say goodbye, it is important to remember that the people and animals we have lost are never really gone.
They live on in our memories and in our hearts. Whenever we think of them, we are reminded of the happy times we shared together. In a way, they are always with us, and they will never be forgotten. So the next time you find yourself feeling sad about someone you have lost, take comfort in knowing that they are always with you in spirit.
19. “He was a collection of hard lines and tailored edges.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
20. “No Mourners.
No Funerals.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
21. “If your god is so delicate, maybe you should get a new one.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
22. “If I want to watch men dig holes to fall into, I’ll find myself a cemetery.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
23. “No mourners. No funerals. Among them, it passed for ‘good luck.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
24. “Well, we’ve managed to get ourselves locked into the most secure prison in the world. We’re either geniuses or the dumbest sons of bitches to ever breathe air.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
25. “We are all someone’s monster.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
26. “If you can’t beat the odds, change the game”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
In any given situation, there will always be some sort of odds or probability that we have to contend with. Instead of bemoaning our bad luck or trying to fight against the odds, the better course of action is to simply change the game.
This could mean changing our mindset, finding a different way to approach the problem, or even literally changing the game itself. By taking this proactive approach, we can increase our chances of success and make our own luck.
27. “Nina, you taught me to be something better. They could be taught, too.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
28. “I like it when men beg,” she said. “But this isn’t the time for it.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
29. “A good magician wasn’t much different from a proper thief.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
Proper thieves and good magicians have a lot in common. They are both experts at diversion and misdirection. They are both able to make things disappear. And they are both very good at what they do. Of course, there are some key differences between the two.
A good magician is more likely to be showy and perform their tricks in front of an audience, while a proper thief is more stealthy and cautious. But at the end of the day, both types of people are skilled at deception and sleight of hand.
So next time you see a magic trick, remember that there is more to it than meets the eye. And if you ever find yourself in need of a magician, be sure to hire someone who is also a proper thief!
30. “Usually people don’t start hating each other until a week into the job, but you two have a head start.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
31. “Stay,” she panted. Tears leaked from her eyes.
Stay till the end. And after, he said. And always.”― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows
Let’s Wind Up…
Crow quotes are thrilling, aren’t they? We hope you enjoyed this selection of adrenaline-pumping quotes from Six of Crows. If you have any favorite crow quotes that we missed, please let us know in the comments!
And be sure to check out our other posts for more exciting content about your favorite characters and books.