There’s no need to introduce Michael Mann’s 1995 masterpiece, Heat. The film is a cinematic classic and is often cited as one of the best crime dramas ever made. It features some of the most iconic quotes in movie history, and this article will explore them all!
Whether you’re a fan of the movie or not, these quotes are well worth reading. So without further ado, let’s get started!
About Heat Movie
Heat is a 1995 American crime film produced, written, and directed by Michael Mann. The film stars Robert De Niro and Al Pacino as two men on opposite sides of the law who come into conflict as part of an elaborate heist.
The movie has been praised for its writing, direction, acting, and score. It was nominated for several Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
Here are Some of The Best Heat Movie Quotes
The movie was released on December 15, 1995, by Warner Bros. Pictures, and against a budget of $60 million, it grossed $187 million.
“Heat” performed really well as per the expectations here are the top quotes from the masterpiece:
1. “It’s like you said. All I am is what I’m going after.”- Vincent Hanna
In Heat, Pacino plays a detective who is obsessed with catching a professional thief, played by Robert De Niro. The two men are constantly at odds with each other, but they also share a deep understanding of each other’s motivations.
Hanna recognizes that his entire identity is wrapped up in his work and that he is driven by the same thing that drives the thief: an unending quest for perfection.
Heat is a gripping exploration of the lengths to which people will go to achieve their goals, and the quote perfectly captures the film’s tense and tense rivalry.
2. “Cause There Is A Dead Man On The Other End Of This F***Ing Line.” – Neil McCauley
3. “We Just Got Made.” – Vincent Hanna
4. “So you never wanted a regular type life?- Vincent Hanna
What the f*** is that? Barbeques and ballgames?”- Neil McCauley
This is the famous restaurant scene that takes place between Hanna and McCauley, and McCauley tries to explain his lifestyle to Hanna. McCauley believes that Hanna is too focused on material possessions and misses out on the more important things in life.
However, Hanna disagrees and argues that “regular” life can be just as rewarding as a life of crime.
This scene is memorable because it highlights the different values that each man places on work and family.
While McCauley is eager to escape the grind of everyday life, Hanna finds satisfaction in his work and enjoys spending time with his wife and children. As the two men debate their different worldviews, it becomes clear that they will never see eye to eye.
This tense encounter ultimately leads to a showdown between the two men, with tragic consequences for both.
5. “Who? Who? What are you, a f***ing owl?”- Vincent Hanna
6. “I’m Alone; I Am Not Lonely.” – Neil McCauley
7. “Gimme All You Got!” – Vincent Hanna
8. “He knew the risks, he didn’t have to be there. It rains… you get wet.”- Neil McCauley
McCauley knows that the life he has chosen comes with risks, but he doesn’t let that stop him from living it to the fullest.
This quote encapsulates the themes of risk and reward, which are central to the film. Heat is a classic crime movie that will continue to be loved by audiences for years to come.
9. “Don’t let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.”
This is some sage advice from Neil McCauley, De Niro’s character. It’s easy to get attached to things, but we need to be prepared to let them go at a moment’s notice.
Whether it’s a material possession or a way of life, we need to be prepared to let it go if it means staying ahead of the heat.
10. “What’d Ya Say I Buy You A Cup Of Coffee?” – Vincent Hanna
11. “When these guys walk out the door of whatever score they’re gonna take next, they’re gonna have the surprise of a lifetime.”- Vincent Hanna
This Heat movie quote from Vincent Hanna perfectly sums up the intense pressure and danger that the characters are constantly under. In the movie, Heat follows a group of professional criminals as they plan and execute a series of daring heists.
However, as the stakes get higher, the members of the team start to crack under the pressure. Tensions mount, and soon, it becomes clear that not everyone will make it out alive.
With its gripping story and standout performances, Heat is a thrilling crime drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.
12. “Drop Of A Hat, These Guys Will Rock And Roll.” – Vincent Hanna
13. “We want to hurt no one. We’re here for the bank’s money, not your money. Your money is insured by the federal government, you’re not gonna lose a dime. Think of your families, don’t risk your life. Don’t try and be a hero.”- Neil McCauley
14. “I Had To Get It On.” – Waingro
15. “I Do What I Do Best; I Take Scores. You Do What You Do Best; Try To Stop Guys Like Me.” – Neil McCauley
16. “Brother, You Are Going Down.” – Vincent Hanna
The two men are on opposite sides of the law, with Hanna leading the investigation into McCauley’s crew. In this scene, they finally come face-to-face and Hanna makes it clear that he intends to take McCauley down.
The line is delivered with such intensity and conviction that it has gone on to become one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time.
Heat is widely considered to be one of the greatest crime movies ever made, and this quote perfectly encapsulates the tension and excitement of the film.
17. “I am double the worst trouble you ever thought of.”- Neil McCauley
18. “I gotta hold on to my angst. I preserve it because I need it. It keeps me sharp [snaps fingers], on the edge [snaps fingers], where I gotta be.” – Vincent Hanna
19. “Told You I’m Never Going Back.” – Neil McCauley
McCauley says to Hanna, “Told you I’m never going back,” after being asked if he’s sure he wants to continue with his life of crime.
This quote perfectly encapsulates the film’s themes of choices and consequences, as well as the personal code that McCauley lives by. It’s a simple line, but it packs a powerful punch.
20. “I say what I mean, and I do what I say.”- Vincent Hanna
As anyone who has ever seen the movie Heat knows, this is one of Vincent Hanna’s most famous quotes. Hanna is a man of his word, and he always follows through on his promises.
This quote is a perfect example of his no-nonsense attitude. Hanna is a man who says what he means and does what he says.
He is a straight shooter, and he always tells it like it is. This no-nonsense approach is one of the things that makes Heat such an unforgettable movie. It is also one of the things that makes Vincent Hanna such an unforgettable character.
Let’s Wind Up…
The movie is intense and the quotes reflect that. We hope you enjoyed these 20 Heat movie quotes. They are sure to get your heart racing and help you feel the power of the film.
If you have any favorite quotes that we missed, please let us know in the comments below. And be sure to check out our other blog posts for more exciting content.