The 1993 comedy movie Son in Law is directed by Steve Rash and stars Pauly Shore and Carla Gugino, it tells the story of a young man who falls in love with a girl from a small town and has to deal with her overprotective family.
The quotes from the movie are memorable and funny, and this article will list some of the best ones!
About Son-in-Law Movie
Son-in-Law is a hilarious American comedy movie that was released on July 2, 1993. The movie stars Pauly Shore as Crawl, a California college student who goes to visit his girlfriend’s family in Idaho for Thanksgiving.
Crawl is a bit of an outsider and has trouble fitting in with the family at first. However, he quickly wins them over with his funny personality and his willingness to help out around the farm.
The movie is full of laugh-out-loud moments, and it’s clear that Shore is having a blast playing the lovable goofball Crawl. If you’re looking for a comedy to watch with your family this holiday season, Son-in-Law is a perfect choice.
Here Are The Best Son in Law Movie Quotes
One of the things that make Son-in-Law so special is its cast. In addition to Shore, the movie also featured Carla Gugino, Lane Smith, and William Russ.
These actors all brought their own unique talents to the table, and they helped to create a truly memorable movie experience. We are very much confident that you will love the movie quotes listed here:
1. “Old McWalter had a farm and on that farm, he had a kid with squishy, puffy cheeks.”– Crawl
The quote is said by the character, Crawl, who is played by Pauly Shore. In the movie, Crawl is trying to flatter his father-in-law, Old McWalter, by telling him that he has a kid with squishy, puffy cheeks.
However, Crawl’s attempt at flattery backfires when Old McWalter points out that the child in question is actually his grandson.
2. “You pick it… I stick it!” –Rebecca Warner
3. “Maybe now’s a good time to talk about the rules in my room.- Zack
Rule number 1, Don’t touch anything.- Zack
And what’s rule number 2?- Crawl
There’s only one rule. Don’t touch anything!”- Zack
This is a funny scene because it shows how rules can be interpreted differently by different people. In this case, Zack interprets the rule as meaning that you shouldn’t touch anything, while Crawl interprets it as meaning that you can touch anything as long as you don’t break anything.
This shows how important it is to be clear when communicating rules to others. Otherwise, there could be confusion or even chaos.
4. “Cutting some corn. Cutting some corn. Can I get some butter please?”- Crawl
5. “Do you believe in the tooth fairy?- Crawl
I wouldn’t fall asleep tonight if I were you.- Crawl
Sssshhhh! Dude, I was just kidding. Sshhh. Chill”- Crawl
6. “Dad… dad… do you have your camera handy?”- Zack
This is a very funny scene, In this scene, Becca’s lesbian roommate is kissing her lover and Zack (Becca’s younger brother) gets excited and asks his dad if he is carrying the camera. So that he can shoot a video. Walter’s expression towards his son and the situation is priceless.
7. “Let’s just get the rules straight here. There’ll be absolutely no partying in this hall between the hours of 5 and 6 in the morning, without my express written permission. Ok cool. Carry on.”- Crawl
8. “I don’t mean to be rude or anything Mrs.Warner, but you’re givin me a semi!”- Crawl
9. “Oh, my God, it’s Bartles or James. Dude, which one are you?”- Crawl
10. “She’s obviously made up her mind, so let’s just handle this like mature adults.- Connie
Right, right… you distract him, and I’m gonna hit him in the head with a shovel.”- Walter
11. “Hey, hey Becca! Steven Tyler PJs. Steven Tyler PJs.- Crawl
[chuckles] That’s great Crawl.- Becca
Rebecca. Rebecca are you listening?”- Travis
12. “You guys have chickens? I love chickens! Are they extra crispy or original recipe?”- Crawl
13. “Ease up on the steroids. Juice will make your jewels shrivel up like sun-dried tomatoes.”- Crawl
In Order to impress Becca’s family, Crawl expresses an interest in farming but he faces a lot of problems as he is not at all aware of the farming techniques.
In this scene, Crawl is seen giving suggestions to Theo who is Walter’s Farmworker.
14. “ Where are you from?- Crawl
South Dakota.- Becca
Fresh off the farm, oh my God, I can’t believe it. Right across the hallway. Hallelujah. So you’re inbred?- Crawl
You know, where your mom’s your dad, and your dad’s your brother.”- Crawl
15. “ What are you wearing?- Becca
Cheek-chillers, you likes?- Crawl
I hates.”- Becca
In this scene, Becca and Tracy were having a conversation in the store, While Crawl comes out from the dressing room wearing a very funny outfit in which his butts are exposed.
16. “It’s a Miracle!”- Crawl
When Crawl starts to pluck the turkey to prepare it for food but as he starts the process the turkey comes alive and creates havoc in the room.
17. “ You have got charisma!- Crawl
What’s that?- Becca
It’s a special quality of leadership that captures the popular imagination and inspires allegiance and devotion.”- Crawl
In this scene, Crawl was trying to woo Becca by telling her that she has got charisma, While Becca was not at all listening to what Crawl was saying. Instead, she asked what tool crawl was holding. And crawl starts explaining to Becca the meaning of charisma.
18. “Travis, it really tweaks my melon, to see a buff bro like Crawl here, get weezed on by a greasy scumbag like you. So you just chill.” – Walter
19. “Middle America ripping the fields, oooh.”- Crawl
20. “My name’s Crawl and I’m the RA. And you are? No wait, don’t tell me. Sally? Jessie? Raphael?”- Crawl
21. “You’re too late. Yeah, a couple weeks ago at school I already asked Bec to marry me.”- Crawl
In this scene, Travis wanted to propose to Becca And realizing this Crawl spoils the party for Travis by revealing that he has already proposed to Becca in school a couple of weeks ago and she has said yes also. Travis gets angry about this and punches crawl in the face.
22. “Why do they call you Crawl?- Zack
Because that’s how I used to get home my freshmen year.”- Crawl
Crawl explains to Zack why his name is Crawl! Although he just trying to play with Zack.
23. “If your girl is finger-lickin’, grab her now and do the funky chicken!”- Crawl
24. “ Hey, you’ll be happy to know that as soon as you left, I popped your daughter’s trunk!- Crawl
Oh, shit.”- Walter
Let’s Wind Up…
Son-in-Law is a hilarious movie with some great quotes. We hope you enjoyed them as much as we did. If you have any favorite quotes from the movie that we missed, be sure to let us know in the comments below.
And don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family – they’re sure to get a good laugh out of it!