When it comes to true colors, people can be very different. Some will try to put on a facade and act like they are something that they are not. Others will be very open and honest about who they are, warts and all.
And still, others will fall somewhere in between these two extremes. No matter which category someone falls into, it is always interesting to see the true colors of people shine through.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best true colors quotes out there!
When People Show There True Color
There’s something about seeing someone’s true colors that are just so . . . illuminating. Maybe it’s because, up until that point, we’ve only seen the person through a filter – our own personal bias, preconceptions, and filters.
Or maybe it’s because we thought we knew the person, but we really didn’t. Whatever the reason, when someone shows their true colors, it can be quite a revelation. Of course, not all true colors are created equal.
Some people’s true colors are absolutely stunning – radiant and beautiful. They might be the kind of person who always seems to radiate positive energy, or who always has a kind word to say. These people make the world a more beautiful place just by being in it.
Other people’s true colors are not so pretty. They might be petty and jealous, or they might be manipulative and selfish. These people can make the world a darker place, and it can be hard to be around them.
But even the people whose true colors are not so pleasant have their own unique beauty. After all, without them, we would never know the beauty of compassion, or the strength of forgiveness.
So next time someone shows you their true colors, just don’t lose your mind and be thankful for the situation in which you were able to witness the reality.
Here Are The Valuable True Colors Quotes
There’s nothing like seeing someone’s true colors. When they’re revealed, it can be a shocking moment. But it can also be a moment of clarity when everything finally makes sense. Let’s jump into the true color quotes and find out more:
1. “I think success shows a person’s true colors.” – Freddie Prinze, Jr
There is an old saying that success shows a person’s true colors. In other words, success can reveal things about a person that they might have been able to hide before.
For example, a person who is dishonest or cutthroat in their business dealings may be able to get by for a while, but eventually, their true colors will be revealed when they reach the top.
On the other hand, a person who is kind and altruistic may not achieve the same level of success, but their true colors will still shine through.
In either case, it is important to remember that success does not always reveal the whole picture. A person’s true colors can be hidden even in the midst of success.
2. “Show your true colors. Everyone wanna see that. Not the fake! But the real you!”
3. “Hatred is one of the poisons; like jaundice, it alters the true colors of things.” – Rae Foley
4. “If someone shows you their true colors, don’t try to repaint them.”
We’ve all been there before: we meet someone new and they seem great at first. But then, over time, their true colors start to shine through. Maybe they’re always putting others down or they’re always trying to take credit for your work.
Whatever the case may be, it’s important to remember that someone’s true colors are not going to change. So, if you find yourself in this situation, it’s best to move on. Life is too short to try and change someone who doesn’t want to change.
Surround yourself with people who make you happy and who appreciate you for who you are. These are the people who are worth your time and energy.
5. “Pay attention when someone gets mad, that’s when their true colors show.”
6. “People show their true colors, unintentionally. Pay attention.”
7. “Early risers catch the world waking and see its true colors.” – Bernie Taupin
There is something special about waking up before the sun rises. The world is quiet and still, and the air has a freshness to it that is hard to find at other times of the day. But more than that, waking up early gives you a chance to see the world in a new light.
The colors are more vivid, and the shadows are longer. Even familiar landmarks take on a new look. In short, early risers catch the world waking and see its true colors. Of course, not everyone is an early riser by nature.
But even if you have to drag yourself out of bed, it is always worth it when you get to see the world through new eyes.
8. “People are like chameleons, they adapt to your favorite color so you’ll like them. But eventually, true colors always show.”
9. “Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.”
Words are often cheap. It’s easy to say what you will do, or what you believe in, but actions always speak louder. When getting to know someone, pay attention to their actions and see if they match up with their words.
If they say one thing but do another, then you know their character better than their words ever could. People can try to fool you with pretty words and empty promises, but their actions will always betray them in the end. So don’t be fooled by words–characterize people by their actions and you’ll never go wrong.
10. “Friends show their true colors in times of need; and not in times of happiness.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
11. “Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to the need of you, once their need changes so does their loyalty.”
12. “Our errors and failings are chinks in the heart’s armor through which our true colors can shine.” – Elizabeth Lesser
13. “Pay attention to how people act when you’re not on good terms. True colors will always reveal themselves.”
Most people have experienced the feeling of being betrayed by someone they thought was a friend. It can be a painful experience that leaves us feeling hurt and alone. However, it is important to remember that not everyone is worthy of our trust.
Just as we should be careful about who we let into our lives, we should also pay attention to how people act when we’re not on good terms. True colors will always reveal themselves. If someone is quick to anger or gossip, they are likely to lash out at us when we least expect it.
On the other hand, if someone is kind and understanding, they are more likely to be a true friend, even when things are tough. So next time you find yourself in a situation where someone has betrayed your trust, take a step back and consider their true character.
Chances are, you’ll see that they were never really worth your time and energy in the first place.
14. “Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.”
15. “A rainbow is not afraid of showing its true colors because it knows it is beautiful inside out.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
16. “Don’t let your character change color with your environment. Find out who you are and let it stay its true color.” – Rachel Scott
As human beings, we are constantly changing and adapting to our environment. We adopt new behaviors and beliefs in response to the people and experiences around us. While it’s important to be flexible and open-minded, there’s also value in staying true to who you are.
As the saying goes, “Don’t let your character change color with your environment. Find out who you are and let it stay its true color.” In other words, don’t be afraid to be different.
Don’t conform just for the sake of fitting in. Be yourself, even if it means standing out from the crowd. When you do, you’ll find that you’re much happier and more fulfilled than when you try to be someone you’re not.
17. “A person’s true colors will always show within time. You maybe fooled for the moment, but be patient and sees what happens.”
18. “In the beginning, some people try to appear that everything about them is “in black and white,” until later their true colors come out.” – Anthony Liccione
19. “To see a man’s true colors, tell him you’re saving yourself for marriage. To see a woman’s true colors, tell her you’re poor.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
In a world where hookups and one-night stands are the norms, it can be easy to forget that not everyone shares their views on relationships. For some people, the idea of waiting until marriage to have sex is an archaic one, but for others, it is a very real and important commitment.
The same can be said of financial status. In a society that places so much emphasis on materialism, it can be easy to forget that not everyone is as well-off as you are. In both cases, it is important to remember that people come from different backgrounds and have different values.
Making snap judgments about someone based on their sexual or financial status is often unfair and ultimately unproductive. If you want to get to know someone, try asking them about their views on sex and money. You may be surprised at what you learn.
20. “The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see the true colors of everyone.”
21. “When people show you their true colors don’t get mad, paint beautiful mural life lessons, and keep marching forward.”
22. “You see a person’s true colors when you are no longer beneficial to their lives.”
It’s an unfortunate truth, but it’s one that we all must face at some point in our lives. You see a person’s true colors when you are no longer beneficial to their lives. It’s a cold, hard lesson to learn, but it’s one that we all must learn sooner or later.
The sooner we learn it, the better off we’ll be. We’ll be able to avoid being hurt by those who would take advantage of us and instead focus on building relationships with those who will appreciate us for who we are.
So, the next time someone shows their true colors, don’t be discouraged. Just remember that they’re not worth your time and move on. Life is too short to waste on those who don’t deserve you.
23. “I trusted you but now your words mean nothing because your actions spoke the truth.”
24. “In some cases, we first need to disappoint or enrage someone, or to break their heart, for them to finally show us their true colors.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
25. “When people say they are happy for you it may mean they are sad for themselves.” – Josephine Humphreys, The Fireman’s Fair
26. “I’d rather have an enemy who admits they hate me, instead of a friend who secretly puts me down.”
It’s always tough to deal with someone who doesn’t openly admit that they don’t like you. You wonder what you did wrong, or what you could have done differently. But at least with an enemy, you know where you stand.
With a false friend, it’s much harder to detect the hostility until it’s too late. And by then, the damage has already been done.
So I’d rather have an enemy who is upfront about their dislike for me, instead of a so-called “friend” who constantly puts me down behind my back.
At least that way, I can be on my guard and protect myself from further harm.
27. “It’s during the worst storms of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.”
28. “The best leaders are the ones who show their true colors not during the banner years but during times of struggle.” – Shawn Achor
29. “Don’t sacrifice your peace trying to point out someone’s true colors. Lack of character always reveals itself in the end.”
There’s an old saying that you should never judge a book by its cover. In other words, don’t judge someone based on their appearance or what you initially think of them. Instead, take the time to get to know them and see what they’re really like.
This is especially true when it comes to people’s character. Just because someone may seem like a good person at first doesn’t mean that they are. Sometimes it takes a while for someone’s true colors to show. And when they do, it’s usually not pretty.
So if you’re ever wondering about someone’s character, just remember that it will always eventually come out in the end. And when it does, you’ll be glad you didn’t waste your time trying to point it out.
Let’s Wind Up…
We hope you liked the quotes, please let us know which one was your favorite. The takeaway from these true colors quotes is that it’s important to be aware of who we are and how we come across to others.
It’s also essential to understand the people around us so that we can better trust them and build closer relationships. What was your favorite quote? Let us know in the comments below!