Tom Hardy is one of the most popular English actors in the world. He has starred in a number of blockbuster films and has received critical acclaim for his work in both television and film.
Hardy is also known for his impressive physique and his dedication to his roles. In this article, we will take a look at some of the best quotes by Tom Hardy. We hope you enjoy it!
About Tom Hardy
Tom Hardy is an English actor who has appeared in a number of films and television shows. Hardy was born on 15 September 1977, in the Hammersmith district of London. He was the only child of artist and painter Anne and novelist Edward ”Chips” Hardy.
He is best known for his roles in the films Inception, Warrior, and The Dark Knight Rises. Hardy began his acting career in 2001 with a small role in the film Black Hawk Down.
He has since appeared in a number of films and television shows, including Star Trek: Nemesis, RocknRolla, Bronson, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
In 2015, Hardy starred in the film Mad Max: Fury Road, which was a critical and commercial success. He will reprise his role as Max Rockatansky in the upcoming sequel Mad Max: The Wasteland. Hardy is married to actress Charlotte Riley, with whom he has two children.
Top Tom Hardy Quotes
Hardy is a very talented actor who is able to disappear into his roles. Watching him on screen is a great experience. Here are some of his best quotes:
1. “I had no immediate knowledge of the world or Batman at all. I’m quite incubated. I just keep myself to myself and my dog.” – Tom Hardy
Tom Hardy is one of the most versatile actors working today. He’s just as comfortable playing a superhero like Batman as he is a villain like Bane, and he always brings an intense commitment to his roles.
In a recent interview, Hardy revealed that he wasn’t familiar with the world of Batman before being cast in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. However, Hardy quickly did his homework on the character and gave a memorable performance in the film.
His willingness to dive headfirst into any role is one of the things that makes him such a great actor.
2. “I have a very busy head. I have inside voices that I have learned to contain.” – Tom Hardy
3. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Tom Hardy
It is often said that we should not be afraid to dream a little bigger. After all, what is the point of dreaming if we do not strive to make our dreams a reality? And yet, so often, we find ourselves held back by fear.
Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of not being good enough. But what if we were to embrace our fears and use them as motivation? What if instead of letting our fears control us, we took control of our fears and used them to propel us forward?
It is only when we take risks and step outside of our comfort zones that we can truly grow and achieve our full potential. So let us not be afraid to dream a little bigger, for it is only by doing so that we can hope to achieve great things.
4. “My job is to show and tell. If I get better at showing and telling then presumably I get hired more.” – Tom Hardy
5. “There’s a long way to go on that, but I do believe that the time is now.” – Tom Hardy
6. “Vanity is normal in performers. Does it bother other people? All the time. But nine times out of ten, that says more about them than you.” – Tom Hardy
7. “It doesn’t matter who we are, what matters is our plan – Tom Hardy”
8. “I wanted my dad to be proud of me, and I fell into acting because there wasn’t anything else I could do, and in it I found a discipline that I wanted to keep coming back to, that I love and I learn about every day.” – Tom Hardy
9. “The only thing I can do is wipe my arse, brush my teeth, turn up and do the best work I can.” – Tom Hardy
Despite his success, Hardy remains humble and down-to-earth. In a recent interview, he joked that the only things he can do are “wipe my arse, brush my teeth, turn up and do the best work I can.”
It’s this sense of humor and self-awareness that makes Hardy so likable, and it’s clear that he has no intention of taking himself too seriously. After all, at the end of the day, he’s just a guy who wants to do his best work – and we can all appreciate that.
10. “I’m very sensitive. Because my mum was my primary emotional caregiver growing up, I found myself being pinned into dresses, darting her dresses, and choosing her high heels for the evening or what to wear. I’m very much a mommy’s boy” – Tom Hardy
11. “We are survivors. We control the fear. And without the fear, we are all as good as dead.” – Tom Hardy
This quote speaks to the strength of the human spirit, and Hardy’s own resolve to never give up in the face of adversity. It is this kind of positive attitude that has helped him to achieve success in his career, and it is also what makes him an inspiring figure to fans around the world.
12. “I hate publicists and publicity. But I love people.” – Tom Hardy
13. “I’m from a nice, suburban, idle-class family, but my tattoos remind me where I’ve been.” – Tom Hardy
14. “I think it’s important that you always transform if you can. That’s what I was trained to do. You try and hide yourself as much as you can – that’s the key to longevity.“ – Tom Hardy
15. “I think I had only been working nine months when I got ‘Star Trek,’ and it was huge. It was very overwhelming. So that opened my eyes a bit at an early age, kind of how not be frightened when walking into a responsibility of something like that.” – Tom Hardy
16. “There’s two types of acting: convincing and not convincing. People describe me as intense. It’s because I care. I am a pain in the ass because I care. Do I know what I’m doing? No. Do I have the best of intentions? Yes. Does that lead to hell? Sometimes.” – Tom Hardy
17. “Spirituality seems to me to be for those who’ve been through hell.” – Tom Hardy
Hardy has said that spirituality seems to be for those who’ve been through hell. He believes that it’s something that can help people to find peace and to connect with something larger than themselves.
Hardy has said that he finds comfort in spirituality and that it helps him to feel more connected to the world. For Hardy, spirituality is an important part of life and it seems to be something that helps him to cope with the challenges he’s faced.
18. “I guess if I had fifty million dollars I could spend more time at home…” – Tom Hardy
19. “Responsibility has a cost, and there’s no such thing as perfection.” – Tom Hardy
Hardy explained that as we take on more responsibility, we also take on more stress and pressure. This can lead to burnout and resentment.
However, it is important to remember that we cannot strive for perfection; we must simply do our best and accept that sometimes things will go wrong. By learning to accept imperfection, we can find true peace and happiness.
20. “It is not the violence that sets a man apart, it is the distance he is prepared to go.” – Tom Hardy
21. “We’re all flawed human beings and we all have a cauldron of psychosis which we have to unravel as we grow older and find the way we fit in to live our lives as best as possible.” – Tom Hardy
22. “I play Xbox. I have a little boy to look after. I have dogs. You know, I have things to do. I would love to be able to sit down and watch something like a movie. I watch my own movies because I have to.” – Tom Hardy
23. “I had a huge imagination. My granddad says I was a bit of a Walter Mitty character.” – Tom Hardy
24. “Within the creative arts, you can create things and destroy things. Passion creates and destroys.” – Tom Hardy
Hardy believes that creativity and passion are two forces that can both create and destroy. It’s an interesting perspective and one that can be applied to many aspects of life.
For example, in relationships, passion can lead to both intense love and destructive jealousy. In business, it can result in groundbreaking innovation or ruthless greed. The bottom line is that passion is a powerful force that can have both positive and negative effects.
And as Tom Hardy so eloquently put it, it’s something that we should all strive to harness.
25. “I didn’t understand how you could do something which is so much fun and be so miserable doing it.” – Tom Hardy
26. “I don’t fight really. I try not to fight, actually. I try not to react. I’m a Buddha floating on a lily pad.” – Tom Hardy
Let’s Wind Up…
Tom Hardy is one of the most successful and versatile actors in Hollywood today. He has starred in a variety of films, from independent dramas to big-budget blockbusters. What makes him so captivating on screen?
It could be his intense stare or his deep, guttural voice. But it’s also his ability to connect with his characters and bring them to life. As Hardy himself said, “An actor should be unafraid to show weakness.”
In honor of this great actor, we’ve collected some of our favorite Tom Hardy quotes. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Do you have a favorite quote by Tom Hardy? Let us know in the comments below.