The Untamed is a Chinese television series based on the novel Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. The series has been praised for its beautiful cinematography and excellent acting.
But the thing that has caught the attention of many viewers is the dark and brooding atmosphere of the show, as well as the memorable quotes from the characters.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best quotes from The Untamed!
About “The Untamed” Web Series
The Untamed is a Chinese television adaptation of the Xianxia novel Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, which aired in 2019.
Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo star in this fantasy series. The narrative follows the exploits of two soulmate cultivators as they go on a quest to solve a series of mysteries that link to a deadly tragedy from the past.
With critics praising the film’s strong plot, well-rounded characters, and extensive wardrobe and makeup, The Untamed was a financial and critical success both domestically and internationally.
While the original novel had a noticeable romantic relationship between the two main male characters, the series was censored because of China’s prohibition on depictions of homosexuals in films.
According to the “Research Report on China’s Internet Audiovisual Development” for 2019 and early 2020, “The Untamed” was the most popular.
Due to the show’s popularity, two spin-off films have been produced focusing on supporting characters: Fatal Journey (2019) and The Living Dead (2019).
Here are the best “The Untamed Quotes” for readers’ delight
We all know that “The Untamed” is one of the best series out there. The acting, the scenery, and of course, the quotes!
Here are some of our favorite quotes from the web series that will make you want to watch it over and over again.
1. “I Don’t Care About Anybody’s Open Road; My Only Choice Is A Log Bridge To Devil.”—Wei Wu Xian
Wei Wu Xian is known for his carefree and rebellious nature. In the series, Wei Wu Xian is introduced as someone who doesn’t care about anyone or anything.
He’s arrogant, impulsive, and doesn’t hesitate to break the rules. However, despite his flaws, Wei Wu Xian is a likable character because of his honesty and loyalty.
He’s also fiercely protective of those he cares about and is always willing to put himself in danger for the sake of others.
In the quote, Wei Wu Xian is expressing his disdain for the open road. For him, the only choice is a log bridge to Devil. This indicates that Wei Wu Xian isn’t afraid of taking risks, even if it means walking into danger.
It also shows that he’s not afraid to go against the grain, even when it would be easier to take the safe route. Ultimately, Wei Wu Xian is a complex character who is both flawed and admirable.
2. “Why Would A Living Person Worry About What Happens After They Die? I’ll Just Live Freely For As Long As Possible.”—Wei Wu Xian
Wei Wu Xian’s carefree attitude towards death is understandable, given his immortality. However, for those of us who are mortal, death is a very real and looming threat.
It is only natural to worry about what will happen to us after we die. Will we go to Heaven or Hell? Will we be reincarnated? Or will we simply cease to exist?
There are many reasons why people worry about death. For some, it is the fear of the unknown. We do not know what happens after we die, so it is natural to be scared of it.
Others may worry about leaving loved ones behind. We may not want to think about our loved ones grieving for us, but it is important to remember that they will continue on with their lives without us.
Lastly, some people may simply fear death itself. The thought of ceasing to exist can be terrifying for some.
While it is natural to worry about death, Wei Wu Xian’s carefree attitude is admirable. Life is too short to spend worrying about what happens after we die.
We should live our lives to the fullest and enjoy every moment we can. After all, none of us know when our time will come.
3. “I Used To Think Of You As My Soulmate. I Still Am.”—Lan Wang Ji/ Wei Wu Xian
4. “Daozhang, You Wouldn’t Forget Me, Would You? Let’s Wait And See.” —Xue Yang
5. “I Want To Bring A Person Back To The Hidden Heaven, Just Bring Him Back, And Hide Him.” – Lan Wang Ji
Lan Wang Ji is a highly skilled archer and swordsman who belongs to a secret society of elite warriors known as the Wen Clan. The Wen Clan is sworn to protect the people of the world from evil.
Lan Wang Ji is a cold and aloof individual, but he is also fiercely loyal and protective of those he cares for. In one particular scene, he utters the quote: “I want to bring a person back to the hidden heaven, just bring him back, and hide him.”
This quote spoke to me on a deep level. It is a reminder that even though the world can be a dark and dangerous place, there are still people who are worth fighting for. We all have someone we would go to great lengths to protect.
For Lan Wang Ji, it is his teammate and friend Wei Wuxian. For me, it is my family. No matter what the odds, no matter what the cost, we will always fight for those we love.
6. “I’ve Lied To Countless People And Have Destroyed Countless More. Just As You’ve Said, Murdering My Father, My Brother, My Wife, My Son, My Master, My Friends—There’s Not A Single Sin Left In This World That I Haven’t Committed! But You, Only You, I’ve Never Ever Wanted To Harm You!”—Jin Guang Yao
7. “If There’s A Hope, Then Let’s Move.”—Wei Wu Xian
Wei Wu Xian was a man who understood the value of hope. In a world filled with darkness and despair, he knew that hope was the only thing that could keep people going.
He also knew that it was often the only thing that could motivate people to take action. That’s why he always encouraged others to “move,” even when the odds seemed insurmountable.
Wei Wu Xian understood that hope was a powerful force, and he used it to change the world around him. His legacy is one of hope and inspiration, and his words continue to echo in the hearts of those who need it most.
8. “If The Face Says Nothing, Listen To The Heartbeat.”— Lan Wang Ji
Life can be so difficult to understand sometimes. People wear so many masks, that it’s hard to know what they’re really feeling. Maybe that’s why Lan Wang Ji’s words resonate so deeply.
When we can’t read someone’s face, we should listen to their heartbeat. Because that’s where the truth lies. The heart doesn’t lie. It can’t.
It is just beats and beats, a steady rhythm that tells us everything we need to know about a person. Maybe that’s why Lan Wang Ji is such a special person. He can see past the masks people wear, and he can hear their hearts beating.
And that’s a gift not many people have.
9. “Let The Self Judge The Right And The Wrongs, Let Others Decide To Praise Or To Blame And Let The Losses And Gains Remain Uncommented On.”—Wei Wu Xian
10. “Nobody Would Remain At The Top For All Of Eternity — Legends Are Only Legends.”—Prologue
All great things must come to an end. empires will fall, even the most powerful leaders will be overthrown, and legends will fade into obscurity.
This is the harsh reality of life. There is always someone who is stronger, faster, or smarter. eventually, they will surpass you.
This is why nobody would remain at the top for all of eternity — legends are only legends because they are no longer with us.
They have been replaced by new legends. This is the cycle of life, and it is what keeps us moving forward. We may not like it, but it is the truth.
11. “Suddenly, he felt that the world had no place for him, despite how large it was”
Wei Wuxian’s words perfectly capture the feeling of isolation that can come from feeling like you don’t belong. It can be incredibly difficult to find your place in the world, especially when it seems like everyone around you has their lives figured out.
When you’re feeling lost and alone, it’s easy to believe that there’s nowhere for you to go. But Wei Wuxian reminds us that even in our darkest moments, we are never truly alone.
The world is a big place, and there is always a place for us, even if we can’t see it right away. So if you’re feeling lost and alone, take heart; there is a place for you in this world, even if it doesn’t seem like it at first.
12. “The people finally realized what was going on. It seemed that whenever someone tried to argue with Wei WuXian, Lan WangJi would seal their lips.”
13. “But what he hadn’t expected was that when everyone feared him and flattered him, Lan WangJi scolded him right in his face; when everyone spurned him and loathed him, Lan WangJi stood by his side.”—Wei Wuxian
14. “For 13 Years I Wait For You. For 13 Years, I Play Inquiry For You, In Hope That I Could Reach Out For You—In Hope That I Could Still Talk To You. You Never Answer Me Back. All These Questions In Me Left Unanswered, All These Feelings Left Unresolved. Why Won’t You Answer Me Back? Wei Ying, Will You Come Back?”— Lan Wang Ji
Lang Wang ji is in love with Wei Wuxian, but he is unable to express his feelings for him. As a result, he internalizes his pain and suffering.
This results in him lashing out at the people around him and trying to control everything in his life. However, no matter how hard he tries, he can’t escape the fact that Wei Wuxian is the only person he truly loves.
Lan Wang Ji is a complex and tortured character, and his love for Wei Wuxian is the driving force behind his actions. This quote captures the desperation and pain that he feels, as well as the hope that someday, Wei Wuxian will return to him.
15. “With Wei WuXian dragging him and Wen Yuan clinging to his leg, Lan WangJi was finally shoved into a restaurant.”
16. “Everything Was The Same As Before. Yet, It Was Because Of How Everything Was The Same As Before That It Tormented The Heart.”
Memories can be both a blessing and a curse. They can fill us with happiness, nostalgia, and love. But they can also be a constant reminder of what we have lost. This is never more true than when we return to a place that holds special memories for us.
We may find that, despite our best efforts, everything has changed. Or, even worse, everything may be exactly the same. The same people may be there, going about their lives as if nothing has changed.
But we know that something has changed. We have changed. And returning to this place only highlights the gulf that now exists between us and our former selves.
It is a pain of knowing what we once had and knowing that we can never have it again.
17. “You’re really great. I like you. . .Or in other words, I fancy you, I love you, I want you, I can’t leave you, I whatever you.”—Wei Wuxian
Wei Wuxian’s words are so powerful because they capture the intensity of feelings that can develop between two people. When we are in love, our whole world revolves around the other person.
We can’t imagine life without them. Every moment we spend together is precious, and we would do anything to make them happy. Wei Wuxian’s words sum up all of these emotions perfectly.
They convey the depth of our love and our commitment to the other person. And most importantly, they express our hope that this feeling will be reciprocated. When we hear these words, we know that we have found our soulmate.
18. “We’re the only two unfortunate souls left here, aren’t we? If you don’t have useless conversations with me, then who will you have them with?”—Wei Wuxian
19. “But…Wei WuXian looked slightly to the side. He saw Lan WangJi, who stood beside him, without any hint of hesitation, any thought of withdrawing.
But, this time, he wasn’t alone anymore.”
20. “Hearing the dog, Wei Wuxian immediately felt his hair rise. He shrunk back into Lan Wangji’s arms, half-dead with fright, ‘Lan Zhan!’
Lan Wangji had already embraced him without needing any reminder, replying, ‘I am here!’
Wei Wuxian, ‘Hug me!’
Lan Wangji, ‘I am hugging you!’
Wei Wuxian, ‘Hug me tight!’
Lan Wangji, also, ‘I am hugging you tight!”
21. “Hatred could blind a person’s eyes, making him unable to admit anything in favor of his enemy.”
“But, not everyone was like him, preferring to perish together with his enemy.”
22. “Lan WangJi, ‘Ridiculous!’
Wei WuXian found out long ago that Lan WangJi’s temper was especially bad today. He didn’t protest any further and waved his hand, ‘Okay, okay. Ridiculous it is. I’m ridiculous. I’m the most ridiculous there is.”
23. “Wei WuXian! I haven’t seen anyone as shameless as you!”
“Wei WuXian!” Lan Wangji’s voice was laced with disbelief and anger as he stared at the younger man sprawled on the ground.
“I haven’t seen anyone as shameless as you!” It was true; in all his years, Lan Wangji had never met someone who lacked basic decency and consideration like Wei WuXian did.
From the very first day they had met, Wei WuXian had been nothing but a troublemaker, constantly causing havoc and disregarding the rules of society.
And yet, despite everything, Lan Wangji couldn’t help but be drawn to Wei WuXian. He was infuriating, yes, but he was also brave and charismatic, always ready with a smile or a quick quip.
Lan Wangji knew that he should stay away from Wei WuXian, but try as he might, he just couldn’t seem to resist him.
24. “Lan WangJi muttered to himself, “Why am I sitting here having such a useless conversation with you?”
“Lan WangJi muttered to himself, “Why am I sitting here having such a useless conversation with you?” It was a rhetorical question, of course, but it was also one that he found himself coming back to more and more often lately.
He wasn’t sure what he had expected when he started talking to Wei WuXian, but it certainly hadn’t been this…this constant feeling of frustration.
Wei WuXian always said the wrong thing or spoke at the wrong time, or just generally managed to get on Lan WangJi’s nerves in a way that no one else ever had.
And yet, for some inexplicable reason, Lan WangJi kept coming back for more. Maybe it was because Wei WuXian was the only person who had ever really seen him – the real him, not the cold and emotionless façade that he presented to the world.
Or maybe it was because Lan WangJi just liked having someone to argue with. Either way, he knew that he was in for a long night.”
Let’s Wind Up…
The Untamed is a Chinese web series that has taken the internet by storm. It’s gritty, dark, and full of heart-wrenching moments.
But it’s also beautiful, inspiring, and full of quotes that will make you think about life in a new way. If you haven’t had a chance to check out this amazing show yet, we highly recommend doing so.
We hope you enjoyed reading the quotes as much as we enjoyed finding and sharing them with you.
Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!