Step Brothers is a comedy movie that was released in 2008. The movie stars Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as step-brothers who have to live together after their parents get married. The movie is full of funny quotes; we have compiled the best of them here for you!
About the Movie Step Brothers
Step Brothers was released in 2008 and directed by Adam McKay. The movie stars Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as forty-something-year-old men who are forced to live together as stepbrothers. The story follows their antics as they try to get along while living in the same house and dealing with the same family.
The movie was a huge success, grossing over $100 million at the box office. Critics praised Step Brothers for its comic sequences and clever writing. The movie has since become a cult classic, with fans regularly quoting lines from the film. Step Brothers is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a funny movie to watch with friends.
Here are the best Step Brothers’ Quotes
The chemistry in the movie between Ferrell and Reilly is undeniable, and the movie features some of the most quotable lines in recent memory; here are a few of them:
1. “Today I saw my own son use a bicycle as a weapon.” — Nancy Huff
In the movie, two grown men who are forced to live together as stepbrothers often use physical violence to resolve their differences. In this particular scene, one of the stepbrothers has just used a bicycle to hit the other brother in the head.
2. “Brennan, Denise called and she said she can’t spend New Year’s Eve with you because she’s not your girlfriend, she’s your therapist.” — Nancy Huff
3. “I’m gonna take a pillowcase and fill it full of bars of soap and beat the sh*t out of you!” — Brennan Huff
It’s been more than 10 years since the release of the Hollywood movie Step Brothers, but fans are still hoping for a sequel. The original film starred Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as two middle-aged men who are forced to live together as stepbrothers.
This movie received mostly positive reviews from critics. In recent years, Ferrell and Reilly have played down the possibility of a sequel, but that hasn’t stopped fans from hoping.
4. “When you fall asleep, I’m gonna punch you square in the face.” — Brennan Huff
5. “Can we turn our beds into bunk beds?” — Dale
6. “I’m not great at this Hallmark stuff, but Brennan, when I look at you now, I don’t want to kick you in the head quite as much.” — Derek Huff
7. “Brennan, that is the voice of an angel. I can’t even make eye contact with you right now. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.” — Dale Doback
8. “You’re wearing tuxedos to a job that requires you to clean bathrooms!” — Pam
This hilarious quote is spoken by pam when she is interviewing the brothers; she gets annoyed by their behavior. And makes them aware of the reality so that they don’t annoy her anymore.
9. “I work at a college as a janitor even though I feel like I’m smarter than most of the people who go there. Sometimes, I see an equation written on a blackboard like half an equation and… I just figure it out.” — Dale Doback
10. “Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife. You gotta fuck one, marry one, kill one. Go!”— Dale Doback
11. “I’ve been called the songbird of my generation.” — Brennan Huff
12. “I would follow you into the mists of Avalon if that’s what you mean.” — Dale
13. “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.” — Brennan
14. “I’m Dale, but you have to call me Dragon.” — Dale
15. “You have to call me Nighthawk.” — Brennan
There is a scene in the movie where Dale and Brennan meet each other for the first time, and it is one of the most awkward introductions of all time; they tell each other, or rather instruct each other, to call themselves “Nighthawk’ and “Dragon”
16. “You and your mom are hillbillies. This is a house of learned doctors. — Dale
17. “You’re not a doctor. You’re a big, fat, curly-headed f***!” — Brennan
18. “Dad, we’re men, OK? That means a few things. We like to shit with the door open. We talk about pussy. We go on riverboat-gambling trips. We make our own beef jerky. That’s what we do. And now that is all wrecked.” — Dale Doback
19. “I’m not gonna call him dad, not even if there’s a fire.” — Brennan Huff
20. “I have a belly full of white dog crap in me, and now you lay this shit on me?” — Brennan Huff
21. “What poem is that from? Is that James Joyce?” — Brennan Huff
22. “That’s so funny; the last time I heard that, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.” — Dale Doback
23. “I’m fucking miserable. I had to get up at 10 o’clock this morning.” — Dale Doback
24. “On the count of three, name your favorite dinosaur. Don’t even think about it. Just name it. Ready? One, two, three.” — Dale Doback
25. “Did we just become best friends?” — Brennan Huff
When the step brothers became aware of their common likings after a game of random questions being asked to each other, they decided to become friends and help each other instead of fighting and insulting.
26. “Listen, gang, don’t be mad at Dale for ruining the story, and possibly, the evening.” — Derek Huff
27. “I’ve been called the songbird of my generation by people who’ve heard me. That good.” — Brennan Huff
Let’s Wind Up…
While Step Brothers may not be everyone’s cup of tea, it’s still a hilarious movie with some great quotes. We hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and that you’ll check out the movie for yourself. If you have any favorite quotes from Step Brothers, feel free to share them in the comments below. Thanks for reading!