Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a spiritual leader and yoga guru who has inspired millions of people all over the world. He is known for his wisdom and compassion, and his quotes are a testament to that. Read more to find out the best quotes by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
About Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a world-renowned yoga guru and spiritual leader who has dedicated his life to promoting peace and understanding. Born in India in 1956, at Papanasam, Tamil Nadu, to Vishalakshi and R.S.Venkat Ratnam. He is the brother of Bhanumathi Narasimhan. He studied yoga at a young age and later became a teacher.
In the 1980s, he founded the Art of Living Foundation, a nonprofit organization that offers courses in meditation and self-development. Since then, he has led workshops and retreats all over the world, sharing his wisdom with millions of people.
He is also the founder of the International Association for Human Values, a global organization that works to promote human dignity and peace. Through his tireless efforts, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has helped to create a more peaceful and compassionate world.
Here are the best Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes
Shankar believes that spirituality is the one thing that elevates human ideals such as love, compassion, and enthusiasm. It is not restricted to any one religion or culture. As a result, it is inclusive of everyone. Let’s take a look at some of his best quotes that will inspire you to be a better person.
1. “Faith is realizing that you always get what you need.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s words ring with truth – faith is indeed realizing that you always get what you need. This doesn’t mean, of course, that you’ll always get what you want. But it does mean that, if you have faith, whatever you need will come to you.
This could be in the form of material possessions, or it could be in the form of guidance, support, or love. Whatever it is that you need, if you have faith, it will come to you.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that life will be easy – we all face challenges and struggles. But if we can keep faith in our hearts, we’ll always find a way through. Because when we have faith, we know that we always get what we need.
2. “We should not exit from this world without finding out who we are and where we have come from. This is very important.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
3. “Difference between motivation and inspiration – Motivation is external and short-lived. Inspiration is internal and lifelong”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
4. “But joy is never tomorrow; it is always now.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
We are always chasing happiness, always searching for joy. We think that if we could just get that new job, buy that new car, or take that dream vacation, then we would finally be happy. But the truth is that happiness is not something that we can find outside of ourselves.
As Sri Sri Ravi Shankar so wisely said, “But joy is never tomorrow; it is always now.” True happiness comes from being present in the moment and appreciating what we have. It comes from savoring the simple pleasures in life and from feeling thankful for all the good things we have.
5. “Creativity can only come from silence. If we maintain two minutes of silence every day, then we will see that a whole new dimension of life opens up.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
6. “Life works on strange laws of nature (Karma). One never knows when a friend turns enemy & vice-versa. Rely on yourself; self-reliance”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
7. “There are four sources of energy — food, sleep, breath, and a calm mind.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
In this quote, the spiritual leader explains the four sources of energy that we can tap into to live a healthy and balanced life. The first source of energy is food. What we eat fuels our bodies and provides us with the strength we need to get through the day.
The second source of energy is sleep. When we get a good night’s sleep, we are better able to focus and stay energized throughout the day. The third source of energy is breath. Breath is the life force within us that gives us vitality and sustains us through everything we do.
And finally, the fourth source of energy is a calm mind. When our minds are peaceful, we are able to tap into a deeper wellspring of energy that allows us to meet whatever challenges come our way. By accessing these four sources of energy, we can live our lives with greater ease and joy.
8. “Don’t Fall in love; rise in Love!”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
9. “The path of love is not a tedious path. It’s a path of joy. It’s a path of singing and dancing.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
10. “Life is nothing to be very serious about. Life is a ball in your hands to play with. Don’t hold on to the ball.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
11.“You need to see your life in the context of time and space — how vast creation is, how big the universe is and how small your life is, relative”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
12. “why can’t we control our anger? because we love perfection. make a little room for imperfection in our lives.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
13. “Infinity means it is permeating all the finite things,”.― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
14. “If something can bring you great pleasure, it can also bring you pain.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
This quote suggests that the things that bring us joy can also cause us pain. This is because our happiness is often rooted in our attachments to people, places, and things. When we lose someone or something we love, we experience deep sadness and grief.
Similarly, when something we value is taken away from us, we can feel angry and resentful. While it’s important to enjoy the good moments in life, we must also be prepared for the pain that comes with loss. By accepting life’s ups and downs, we can find true peace and happiness.
15. “Your desire for pleasure or happiness makes you unhappy.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
16“If you can win over your mind, you can win over the whole world.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
On the surface, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s quote may seem like a simple statement of self-empowerment. However, it also contains a deeper message about the relationship between the mind and the world around us. Our thoughts and emotions have a powerful influence on our perceptions and experience of reality.
If we can learn to control our thoughts and feelings, we can create our own reality – one that is more positive and peaceful. In other words, if we can win over our minds, we can win over the world. This is a profound message that can help us to transform our lives and create a better future for all.
17. “To someone who is sleeping, it doesn’t matter whether he’s in a prison or in a palace. One who is asleep doesn’t even feel the bondage.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
18. “Worrying doesn’t make any difference, but working does, and spirituality gives one the strength to work”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
19. “In true love, there is no heartbreak. A broken heart means broken demands, broken expectations, broken hopes.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
20. “Your comparison with your own performance is better, is healthy, but if you start comparing with others, in all probability, you will feel jealous.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravishankar observes that when we compare ourselves to others, we are more likely to feel jealous. This is because we are constantly comparing our own accomplishments and achievements to those of others, which can lead to feelings of insecurity and inadequacy.
Instead, Shankar advises that we focus on our own performance and compare ourselves to our own standards. This is a much healthier approach that can help us to cultivate self-esteem and confidence. By following Shankar’s advice, we can learn to appreciate our own unique gifts and talents and live a more contented life.
21. “Today is a gift from God – that is why it is called the present.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
22. “If people are not inspired from within, it will not be possible to build a good work ethic. Work”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
23. “If someone blames you directly, do not believe it. Just know that they are taking away your bad karma and let it”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
In this quote, The Spiritual Guru offers sage advice on how to deal with personal criticism. Rather than getting defensive or taking the blame yourself, he suggests that you simply let it go.
This is because, more often than not, the person who is criticizing you is actually taking on your bad karma. So, by letting them criticize you, you are actually doing them a favor!
In today’s increasingly divisive world, we could all do with following Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s advice and letting go of the need to be right all the time. By doing so, we can help to create a more positive and peaceful world for everyone.
24. “Healthy breathing is the key to eliminating these toxins and harmonizing emotions. Neither”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
25. “I tell you, deep inside you is a fountain of bliss, a fountain of joy. Deep inside your center core are truth, light, and love. There is no guilt there; there is no fear there. Psychologists have never looked deep enough.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
26. “There is no use getting angry at something that has already happened. All you can do is your best to check it doesn’t happen again.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The above quote is very insightful. It is easy to get angry and upset about something that has already happened. However, this does not change the past and will not prevent the event from happening again. Instead, it is important to focus on the present and future.
By doing our best to prevent similar events from happening, we can create a better future for ourselves and those around us. This quote is a reminder that it is always best to stay positive and focused on what we can do to make the world a better place.
27. “Love is not an emotion. It is your very existence.”― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s quote reminds us that love is not simply a feeling that comes and goes. Rather, it is something that is always present, even when we don’t realize it. Just as the sun is always shining, even when the clouds are obscuring it, so too is love always there, even when we can’t see it.
This doesn’t mean that love is perfect or that it will always make us happy. But it does mean that love is always available to us if we choose to focus on it. The next time you find yourself feeling unloved or alone, remember Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s words and take a moment to connect with the love that is all around you. You may be surprised at how quickly your perspective can change.
Let’s Wind Up…
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a spiritual leader and yoga guru who has inspired millions of people across the globe. He is known for his teachings on meditation and mindfulness, as well as his work in promoting peace and understanding between different cultures.
We hope you enjoyed reading these quotes from this remarkable man and that they have left you feeling inspired. If you have any suggestions or feedback about this blog post, please let us know – we’d love to hear from you!