What if you could find your soul mate? That’s the question that Serendipity poses to us, and it’s one that has captured the imaginations of people for years. Released in 2001, this romantic comedy tells the story of two strangers who meet by chance and fall in love.
While the film doesn’t offer a concrete answer to the question of whether or not soul mates exist, it does give us some beautiful quotes about love and life. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of our favorite quotes from Serendipity and explore what they mean to us.
About Serendipity Movie
Serendipity is a 2001 American romantic comedy film directed by Peter Chelsom and written by Marc Klein. The film stars John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale as two people who believe in fate and destiny.
The plot follows the two as they meet by chance, fall in love, and then are forced to choose between their relationship and their careers.
The film was a moderate box office success, grossing over $50 million against its $28 million budget. Critics generally praised the chemistry between Cusack and Beckinsale, as well as the film’s light-hearted and optimistic tone.
Serendipity was nominated for several awards, including the Academy Award for Best Original Song for “A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow” by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater.
If you’re looking for a feel-good romantic comedy that will leave you with a smile on your face, then Serendipity is the perfect movie for you. John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale have amazing chemistry, and the film’s optimistic outlook is sure to please.
Where to Watch
You can watch the movie on Netflix.
Here are some of the best Serendipity Movie Quotes
If you’re a fan of When Harry Met Sally or Sleepless in Seattle, then you’ll love Serendipity, Let’s try to grab the essence of the movie through these beautiful quotes :
1. “When people get hooked on the new age life they end up sitting at home burning candles for Mister Right, when Mister Good-Enough-For-Right-Now is waiting at the corner bar!”- Eve
Eve’s serendipity movie quote is so relatable and so true! We’ve all been there, hooking onto the new age life and forgetting about what’s right in front of us.
It’s easy to do when you’re constantly being inundated with messages about finding your soulmate and being perfect for each other.
However, the reality is that sometimes Mister Good-Enough-For-Right-Now is waiting for you at the corner bar. And that’s okay! There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a good relationship with someone who isn’t your “soulmate.”
So next time you’re feeling down about being single, remember Eve’s serendipity movie quote and head to the corner bar. Who knows, you might just find your Mister Good-Enough-For-Right-Now.
2. “If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.”- Dean Kansky
3. “Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.”- Jonathan Trager
4. “Serendipity is when you find something good without looking for it.” – Sarah
Serendipity is one of those rare and precious moments that we all hope to experience at some point in our lives. As the saying goes, it’s when you find something good without even looking for it.
The word serendipity comes from a Persian fairy tale, in which three Princes stumble upon a series of fortunate events. In recent years, the movie Serendipity has become a modern classic, cementing the idea of serendipity in popular culture.
In the movie, two strangers meet by chance and start to fall in love, only to be separated by fate. But throughout the film, they keep finding little signs that lead them back to each other, until they finally end up together.
5. “British women do not age well. Eight years ago she was a luscious treat, you know, she probably looked like, you know, Baby Spice, now she could look like… – Dean Kansky
Old Spice.”- Jonathan Trager
In the movie “Serendipity,” two strangers, Jonathan Trager and Sara Thomas meet by chance and fall in love. However, they lose touch and are forced to seek each other out years later.
In one scene, Jonathan’s friend Dean Kansky tries to describe how Sara has changed over the years. He insists that British women do not age well, comparing her to a spice that starts out fresh but quickly goes stale.
6. “I just meant I had a really nice time. You know, maybe you should give me your phone number. Just in case.- Jonathan Trager
In case of what?- Sara Thomas
In case of life.”- Jonathan Trager
7. “You know the Greeks didn’t write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: “Did he have passion?”- Dean Kansky
This Quote exemplifies the Greek idea of a life well-lived. Pursuing your passions is what makes life worthwhile, and it is never too late to start. So often, we get caught up in the mundane details of everyday life and forget what it is that we are passionate about.
But if we take the time to reflect on what brings us joy and excitement, we can begin to live more fulfilling lives. Passion is what makes us human, and it is what drives us to achieve great things. So, whatever it is that you are passionate about, go out and pursue it with all your heart. life is too short to do anything else.”
8. “Favorite New York moment? – Sara Thomas
This one’s climbing the charts.”- Jonathan Trager
9. “You are a strange and interesting woman.”- Jonathan Trager
Jonathan Trager’s quote in the movie Serendipity speaks volumes about the protagonist. She is a woman who is alluring and mysterious, someone who always seems to be one step ahead.
The quote reflects her enigmatic nature, and it also highlights her capacity for surprise. The film itself is a perfect example of serendipity, with its characters continually crossing paths in unexpected ways.
In many ways, the quote captures the essence of the film and its theme of serendipitous coincidence. It is a fitting tribute to a woman who is strange, interesting, and always full of surprises.
10. “ I hope you enjoy the gloves you bought yourself.- Jonathan Trager:
Oh, I will, I usually enjoy my own thoughtfulness.”- Sara Thomas:
11. “The universe has a way of conspiring to bring the people we need into our lives.” – Jonathan Trager
We’ve all experienced serendipity at some point in our lives. You know, when you’re looking for your keys and they turn up in the most unlikely of places. Or when you finally meet the love of your life and it feels like fate.
Jonathan Trager (played by John Cusack) perfectly sums up this feeling with his quote from the 2001 movie Serendipity.
The universe does have a way of conspiring to bring the people we need into our lives, whether it’s for a brief moment or a lifetime.
We may not always understand why certain people cross our path, but we can be grateful for the serendipitous moments that make life just a little bit more magical.
12. “If we are to live life in harmony with the universe, we must all possess a powerful faith in what the ancients used to call “fatum”, what we currently refer to as destiny.”- Dean Kansky
13. “Maybe we’re lying here because you don’t wanna be standing somewhere else.” -Jonathan Trager
14. “Fate works in mysterious ways.” – Sarah
Sarah has always believed that fate works in mysterious ways. She’s the kind of person who sees the signs and follows her intuition. And it’s led her to some pretty amazing places.
Like the time she met her future husband, or when she landed her dream job. Even when things haven’t gone her way, Sarah believes that everything happens for a reason.
And she’s always on the lookout for the signs that will guide her to her next adventure.
15. “The universe keeps revealing her to me, screwing with my head.” -Jonathan Trager
16. “Life’s a mess, Sara. It’s… it’s chaos personified.” – Eve
17. “Life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences, but rather, it’s a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite, sublime plan.”- Dean Kansky
The quote above perfectly sums up the film’s central message- that life is not a series of random events, but rather a grand plan that we are all a part of. This quote also resonates with all of us, as it speaks to the serendipitous nature of our own life.
We have always believed that everything happens for a reason, and this film has only reaffirmed my belief. If you are looking for a movie that will make you believe in the power of serendipity, then this is a perfect film for you.
18. “ You just have to have faith.- Sara Thomas
Faith in what? – Jonathan Trager
Destiny.”- Sara Thomas
Let’s Wind Up…
Whether you’re a fan of love stories or not, there’s no denying that Serendipity is a feel-good movie. And what could be better than ending this post on such a happy note?
We hope you enjoyed these 18 warm-hearted quotes from the film. If you did, please share with your friends – and don’t forget to let us know which one was your favorite in the comments below!