Hope you know that there’s a new rapper on the scene who is shaking things up? Her name is Saweetie, and she is definitely making a statement with her music. Saweetie isn’t afraid to be herself, and her lyrics reflect that.
She isn’t just another cookie-cutter rapper; she has something unique to offer. In this article, we will explore some of Saweetie’s best quotes and see what makes her so special.
Saweetie is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. She is from Santa Clara, California. Saweetie’s music is a mix of rap and R&B. She often uses her lyrics to talk about her personal life and experiences.
Saweetie’s debut EP, was released in 2018. It included the singles “Icy Grl” and “High Maintenance.” Her second EP “Icy” was released in 2019 and included the hit single “My Type,” which peaked at number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Saweetie is set to release her debut album Pretty Bitch Music in 2022.
“Icy Grl” and “Icy” established Saweetie as a force to be reckoned with in the music industry. She is unafraid to speak her mind, and her lyrics reflect that. Saweetie is a role model for young women everywhere.
Here Are Some of The Sweetest Saweetie Quotes
Now that we know a little bit about Saweetie, let’s take a look at some of her best quotes:
In order to be an icon, you need to be bold. How do I define boldness? Stepping outside of your comfort zone.
1. “I feel like an EP is for practice and an album is the game.”
In a recent interview, Saweetie spoke about the difference between an EP and an album, saying “I feel like an EP is for practice and an album is the game.” It’s a sentiment that will likely resonate with many up-and-coming artists who are looking to make the jump from mixtapes and EPs to full-length albums.
Saweetie’s comments also highlight the importance of quality over quantity; rather than releasing a large volume of music, she believes it’s better to focus on creating a small number of strong tracks.
With her debut album set to drop later this year, Saweetie is certainly putting her words into action.
2. “It’s important for women to have each other’s backs. I’d like my label to give women the resources they need to flourish.”
3. “I’m not chasing nobody. I’m too busy focusin’ on my vision.”
Saweetie explained that she wants to be in control of her own career and that she is not interested in signing with a major label. Saweetie also discussed how she is heavily influenced by her own personal style and that she wants to be known for more than just her music. Ultimately, Saweetie is a self-made woman who is determined to achieve her goals on her own terms.
4. “It’s crazy because ‘Icy Girl’ came when I was in a dark place, but I made it to motivate myself. It was kind of like my anthem for lifting up my spirits.”
5. “After I graduated, I didn’t have the resources to go to the studio, which is why I then went to social media.”
6. “My grandma told me that to be wealthy you need at least seven streams of income, so that’s my goal. I have a big family. I want to take care of everybody.”
Saweetie is quoted as saying “I want a Lambo, I want a Bugatti. I want all of the above.” While this may seem like a lofty goal for most people, Saweetie is on to something. Having multiple streams of income is a smart way to build wealth.
Not only does it provide financial security, but it also allows you to pursue your dreams and goals. For Saweetie, her dream is to be able to take care of her large family. And with seven streams of income, she’ll be well on her way to achieving that goal.
7. “Although I had the label of being the ‘pretty girl rapper with a lot of followers,’ I just broke the rules.”
8. “If you’re really listening there are a lot of hidden messages in my songs.”
9. “I was already writing poetry, so I transitioned from writing poetry a cappella to writing over beats, and it was way more exciting to me that way.”
Saweetie’s flow is undeniably impressive. Though she’s been rapping for a while, it wasn’t until recently that she blew up on the scene with her debut album, “High Maintenance.” Saweetie is unapologetic in her delivery, and her rhymes are clever and catchy.
But what really sets Saweetie apart is her willingness to experiment with her sound. Saweetie started out writing poetry, but she quickly transitioned to writing over beats.
The results are electrifying. Saweetie’s writing is sharp and incisive, and her delivery is wild and unrestrained. There’s a reason why Saweetie is one of the most exciting new artists in the rap game today.
10. “Fashion has always been important to me. I think style is important and what I love about my style is it’s all based on my mood.”
11. “I always wanted to bring something new to the table, and make clothes for women where they feel beautiful.”
12.” I’m the type of person where I’ll take on anything because I like to work so much.”
13. “I’m a boss, I’m a leader, I’m independent.”
Saweetie’s music is often about independent women who are in control of their own lives. In her song “I’m a Boss,” she boastfully declares that she is a leader and not someone who follows others.
Saweetie’s confidence and self-assurance are some of the things that make her so appealing to her fans. In a world where women are often told to be quiet and obedient, Saweetie’s willingness to speak her mind and assert her independence is refreshing and empowering.
14. “I just love seeing my audience live, and I also love to see my peers perform because it inspires me to be a better performer as well.”
15. “I would describe my music as very honest. I just rap about myself, and not in a narcissistic way. I feel like I have a story to tell.”
16. “The experiences I go through… everything you hear in my lyrics is real. Good or bad, I take it all in and put it all on the mic.”
17. “What I love about my audience is it’s extremely diverse as far as the ethnicities and the ages that show up.”
I absolutely love my audience! They’re so diverse in terms of ethnicity and age, which Saweetie says is one of her favorite things about her supporters. It’s so dope to see people from all walks of life come together and appreciate my music.
No matter where you’re from or how old you are, good music is good music. And that’s what I strive to make– tunes that everyone can vibe to regardless of their background.
So shout out to my diverse and amazing audience; y’all are the best! Keep doing you and I’ll keep making hits for y’all to enjoy. 🙂
18. “A lot of women reach out to me and tell me my music has given them the courage and confidence to break up with not just any boyfriend, but an unhealthy.”
19. “In the beginning, I took on every opportunity because I was so determined to get my name and music out there. You can get your sleep, but honestly, your brain needs a break, too, and so many people forget that.”
20. “I know what I want and I go get it.”
21. “With a lot of attention comes criticism, but I’ll take that. I’m reaching all the goals I’ve set for myself, so you can’t say anything bad about that.”
22. “You can’t stop me, you can never hold me down.”
Saweetie is also known for her empowering lyrics, which often uplift and encourage her fans. One of her most iconic quotes is, “You can’t stop me, you can never hold me down.”
This phrase is not only a powerful affirmation of Saweetie’s own strength and resilience, but it also serves as a rallying cry for her fans. Whenever Saweetie drops a new song or video, her fans can’t help but recite this phrase along with her.
It’s become a sort of mantra for Saweetie’s supporters, a reminder that they too are strong and capable of overcoming any obstacle. Saweetie’s empowering message is one that resonates deeply with her fans, and it’s one of the reasons why she’s such a successful artist.
23. “My cousin’s dad is MC Hammer, and another one of my cousins is Zaytoven. We all grew up together and it’s interesting to see how we turned out.”
24. “Me wanting to be an artist never really faded away. I knew that no matter what else I tried to pursue, my passion was always that.”
25. “I think because I went to school and because I’m a student, I’m so open and I’m a sponge, and I just wanna learn everything to make sure everything is perfect.”
Saweetie is one of the most successful new rappers, and she attributes her success in part to her willingness to learn. She went to school and worked hard as a student, and she says that this gave her the open mind and willingness to learn that has made her successful.
Saweetie is always looking to improve herself and her music, and she says that this dedication to learning is one of the keys to her success. Saweetie is an inspiration to other artists who are looking to make it big in the music industry, and her quotes on learning show that she is a wise and humble artist who is always looking to grow.
26. “I used to only like writing with pen and paper, but because I travel so much, I started to lose the paper.”
27. “You have to be unapologetically yourself. Once I was able to be proud of myself, it came across in my music really clearly.”
Saweetie knows what it means to be unapologetically herself. In an interview, she once said, “Once I was able to be proud of myself, it came across in my music really clearly.” Saweetie is a successful rapper and singer, and she’s also known for her fashion sense and killer dance moves.
But Saweetie didn’t become a superstar overnight. It took years of hard work and dedication to get where she is today. And part of that journey was learning to love and accept herself for who she is.
Saweetie is proof that when you are unapologetically yourself, good things will come your way. So don’t be afraid to be yourself, because you never know where it might take you.
28. “People had boxed me in as a ‘pretty girl with followers that’s rapping,’ but I think my project and the work speaks for itself.”
29. “I want to encourage the artists that haven’t made it that social media is the truth. I made it from Instagram to having a most-added song to radio.”
30. “Content is what’s super important and people want to see you performing your records. That has a stronger impact.”
Saweetie spoke about the importance of content, and how she believes that people want to see her performing her records. ” That has a stronger impact,” she said.
Saweetie is absolutely right – in today’s social media-driven world, content is king. People want to see you celebrating your successes and living your best life, and Saweetie is certainly doing both.
With her positive attitude and undeniable talent, it’s only a matter of time before Saweetie takes over the rap game completely.
31. “But it’s hard to support yourself from music when nobody knows you.”
Let’s Wind UP…
These Saweetie quotes show that she is a strong and independent woman. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. She is a role model for young women everywhere.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, look no further than Saweetie. Her quotes will motivate you to chase your dreams and be your own boss. Thank you for reading! We hope you enjoyed this article. Saweetie is a great role model for young women, and We are sure we’ll be hearing more from her in the future. Stay tuned!