Brene Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston and has written several bestselling books on the topic of vulnerability. Her latest book, “Rising Strong,” was published in 2015 and quickly became a bestseller. The book is all about how to deal with failure and rise up stronger than ever before.
If you’re looking for inspiration, look no further than “Rising Strong” quotes. These quotes will help you to overcome any obstacle in your life and become a stronger person.
About Brene Brown’s Rising Strong
In Rising Strong, Brené Brown shares what she’s learned about the process of rising after a fall. Using research and stories from her own life, she shows us that the ability to recover from setbacks is how we become our best selves.
The book is divided into three parts: The physics of vulnerability, The archaeology of the story, and The rumble. In the first part, Brown explores how the vulnerability is both the core of our emotions and the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change.
In the second part, she looks at how our personal stories intersect with the stories of others to create meaning in our lives. And in the final section, she offers a practical guide to helping us find our voice and power in the face of conflict or adversity.
With Brené Brown’s trademark mix of insight, humor, and compassion, Rising Strong is a book that will help you cultivate the resilience you need to live a wholehearted life.
Here are the Best Rising Strong Brene Brown Quotes
Brown argues that we all have our own unique talents and gifts and that we should focus on honing those instead of comparing ourselves to others. Let’s dive deep into the following quotes and try to understand the message of Brene Brown to the world:
1. “Generosity is not a free pass for people to take advantage of us, treat us unfairly, or be purposefully disrespectful and mean.”-Brene Brown
Anyone who has ever been the victim of generosity gone wrong can attest to the truth of Brene Brown’s statement. We’ve all had the experience of being taken advantage of by someone we thought was our friend or being treated badly by a family member we were trying to help.
It’s important to remember that generosity does not mean that we have to put up with poor treatment from others. We are under no obligation to tolerate disrespect or mistreatment, no matter how much we care about the person.
Instead, we can be generous in setting boundaries and saying “no” when necessary. By doing so, we can protect ourselves from further hurt while still maintaining our capacity for generosity.
2. “Just because someone isn’t willing or able to love us, it doesn’t mean that we are unlovable.”–Brene Brown
3. “we don’t judge people when we feel good about ourselves.”–Brene Brown
Brown’s statement is profound because it speaks to a universal human experience: when we feel secure and confident, we are more likely to show compassion and understanding towards others.
However, when we feel insecure or threatened, we are more likely to judge and condemn others in an attempt to make ourselves feel better. This is why it is so important to cultivate a healthy sense of self-worth; when we feel good about ourselves, we are more likely to extend compassion and understanding toward others.
In turn, this can create a ripple effect of kindness and positivity that can have a transformative impact on our communities and our world.
4. “We don’t have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to.”-Brene Brown
5. “When we deny our stories and disengage from tough emotions, they don’t go away; instead, they own us, they define us.”–Brene Brown
6. “When we stop caring what people think, we lose our capacity for connection. But when we are defined by what people think, we lose the courage to be vulnerable.”–Brene Brown
7. “Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn’t change the truth that I am brave and worthy of love and belonging.”–Brene Brown
I love this quote from Brene Brown. It is so important for us to remember that we are all imperfect and vulnerable, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t also brave and worthy of love and belonging.
We all have fears and doubts, but that doesn’t mean we should let them control our lives. We are all capable of great things, even when we don’t feel like we are.
So next time you are feeling down about yourself, remember this quote and know that you are still brave and worthy of love and belonging. You are perfect just the way you are.
8. “Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them.”–Brene Brown
9. “The most dangerous stories we make up are the narratives that diminish our inherent worthiness.”–Brene Brown
10. “People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”-Brene Brown
Brown’s assertion that vulnerability is a strength, not a weakness, has resonated with many people who have experienced firsthand the power of owning one’s story.
Being vulnerable requires courage and a willingness to be open and honest, two qualities that are often in short supply. However, as Brown points out, it is precisely these qualities that make people who are willing to be vulnerable badasses.
They are brave enough to confront their fears and share their stories with the world. In doing so, they open up the possibility for others to do the same. As a result, they help create a more compassionate and understanding world.
So the next time you find yourself in a situation where you’re feeling vulnerable, take a page from the badass playbook and own it. It just might change your life.
11. “…sometimes when we are beating ourselves up, we need to stop and say to that harassing voice inside, “Man, I’m doing the very best I can right now.” –Brene Brown
12. “Stay in your own lane. Comparison kills creativity and joy.”–Brene Brown
When it comes to creative endeavors, it’s important to remember the old adage “comparison is the thief of joy.” Far too often, we get caught up in comparing our work to others, and as a result, we become bogged down in self-doubt and insecurity.
This is particularly true in the age of social media when we are constantly bombarded with images of perfection. It’s important to remember that everyone has their own unique talents and gifts and that we all have different things to offer.
When we focus on our own journey and what we have to offer, we open ourselves up to limitless possibilities. So the next time you find yourself comparing your work to someone else’s, remind yourself that you are on your own path and that comparison is nothing more than a creativity killer.
13. “Disappointment is unmet expectations, and the more significant the expectations, the more significant the disappointment”–Brene Brown
14. “Nelson Mandela wrote, “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”–Brene Brown
15. “We can choose courage or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time.”–Brene Brown
We all face challenges in life, some big and some small. It’s during these challenges that we have to make a choice. We can choose to be courageous or we can choose to take the easy way out and be comfortable.
But we can’t have both. Not at the same time. When we’re faced with a situation that requires courage, if we choose comfort instead, we’ll never know what we’re capable of. We’ll never know what could have been.
On the other hand, if we choose courage, even though it might be scary, we open ourselves up to new possibilities.
We learn more about who we are and what we’re made of. So next time you’re facing a challenge, ask yourself, “Do I want to be comfortable or do I want to be courageous?” The answer might just surprise you.
16. “The opposite of scarcity is not abundance; the opposite of scarcity is simply enough.”–Brene Brown
17. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. –Brene Brown”
There’s something incredibly empowering about this quote from Brene Brown. It’s a reminder that we are in control of our own lives, and we shouldn’t let anything or anyone else take that away from us.
Too often, we can find ourselves feeling like victims of our circumstances. But this quote is a reminder that we always have the power to choose how we react to what happens to us.
We can choose to be controlled by our circumstances, or we can choose to rise above them. The choice is ours. And when we remember that, we realize that we are stronger than we ever thought possible.
18. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.”–Brene Brown
19. “Daring is not saying, “I’m willing to risk failure.” Daring is saying, “I know I will eventually fail and I’m still all in.”–Brene Brown
20. “Grace will take you places hustling can’t.”–Brene Brown
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget about the importance of grace. We live in a world that is constantly telling us that we need to work harder, do more, and be more. But what if we took a step back and allowed ourselves to experience grace?
Grace is defined as the free and unmerited favor of God. In other words, it’s a gift that we don’t deserve but are given anyway. And when we receive this gift, it has the power to take us places that our hustle never could.
When we allow ourselves to be embraced by grace, we open ourselves up to limitless possibilities. We no longer feel the need to prove our worth because we know that we are already deeply loved.
We can let go of our need for control and perfection and simply be who we are meant to be. We can live with intention and purpose, knowing that we are on a path that is far greater than anything we could have ever imagined for ourselves.
Grace has the power to change our lives in ways that nothing else can. So next time you’re feeling overwhelmed by the hustle, take a moment to breathe in grace and
21. “How can we expect people to put a value on our work when we don’t value ourselves enough to set and hold uncomfortable boundaries?”–Brene Brown
22. “Choosing to be curious is choosing to be vulnerable because it requires us to surrender to uncertainty.”–Brene Brown
As humans, we are wired for connection. In order to have meaningful connections with others, we have to be curious about them and be open to learning about their lives, backgrounds, and experiences.
Unfortunately, too often we allow our fears to prevent us from engaging in curiosity. We may be afraid of being rejected or of not being good enough. We may be afraid of the unknown or of being vulnerable.
However, if we want to build strong relationships, it is important that we choose to be curious. When we are curious about others, we open ourselves up to the possibility of making a real connection.
We also signal to the other person that we are interested in them and that we value them as an individual. Ultimately, choosing to be curious is an act of courage that can lead to more resilient and fulfilling relationships.
Let’s Wind Up…
If you haven’t read Rising Strong yet, we highly recommend it. Not only is it a fascinating exploration of the human psyche, but it also offers powerful insights into how to overcome adversity.
The 22 quotes from the book that we shared provide just a glimpse of the wisdom and insight Brown provides in her latest work. We hope you enjoyed them! What are your thoughts on Rising Strong? Let us know in the comments below.