The phrase “ride or die” has been around for a long time, and it is often used to describe the loyalty between friends. But what does it really mean? In essence, ride or die means that you will always be there for your friend, no matter what.
You are willing to stick by them through thick and thin, and you will never give up on them. It’s a very powerful sentiment, and it is one that should be cherished. Check out our list of the best ride-or-die quotes below!
About the thought, Ride Or Die
The phrase “ride or die” is often used to describe someone who is fiercely loyal to another person, especially in the face of adversity. While the exact origins of the phrase are unclear, it is commonly believed to come from the world of motorcycle gangs during the 1950s.
In this context, “riding” refers to being part of the gang, while “dying” indicates that one would be willing to die for the gang. In recent years, the phrase has been adopted by many different groups of people, including friends, families, and even business partners.
While some people view the phrase as a sign of loyalty and commitment, others see it as a dangerous mentality that can lead to violence and other negative outcomes. Regardless of how it is viewed, “ride or die” is a phrase that is very popular in the modern era.
Here are the best Ride Or Die Quotes
The term Ride or Die also popped up in early 2000s rap music, notably with Lox’s song “Ryde or Die,” which was released in 2000.
Ride or die originally referred to a black woman who would accompany or support a man living a criminal lifestyle, even if it meant death, as long as she could live. Now, Its time to celebrate the ride-or-die ladies in our life with some of the best quotes:
1. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
The above quote by Helen Keller highlights the importance of cooperation. Alone, we can only accomplish so much. We are limited by our own skills and knowledge. However, when we work together with others, we can achieve far more. Together, we can pool our resources and talents to achieve amazing things.
This is why cooperation is essential to solving many of the world’s problems. By working together, we can find solutions that are greater than the sum of their parts.
2. “Do not ride or die with someone who isn’t sure if they even want you to ride with them.”
3. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
We all know the saying, “birds of a feather flock together.” And usually, this is true. We tend to associate with people who have similar backgrounds, interests, and values. But sometimes, we are lucky enough to find a friend who is unlike us in many ways.
Perhaps they are from a different culture or have a different perspective on life. This type of friendship can be enriching and enlightening. But it can also be challenging, as we may not always see eye to eye.
However, this quote reminds us that a true friend is someone who accepts us for who we are, warts and all. They don’t try to change us or force us to conform to their standards. Instead, they accept us for who we are and allow us to grow and change at our own pace.
4. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
5. “I’m ready for that “ride or die” relationship, no lies, no cheating, just me & you, this thing called loyalty.”
This quote speaks to the idea of a committed, loyal relationship. The speaker is saying that they are ready for a partnership where both parties are honest and faithful. They want a relationship where they can depend on their partner – a “ride or die” situation.
This type of loyalty is essential for any lasting relationship. When both partners are loyal, they can trust and rely on each other, which creates a strong foundation for the relationship. Cheating and lying erode trust and can damage the relationship beyond repair.
If you’re looking for a lasting, committed relationship, aim for honesty and loyalty from both yourself and your partner.
6. “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” — Frances Ward Weller
7. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
The quote is often used to encourage people to work together. And while it’s true that teamwork can be powerful, there’s also something to be said for working alone. After all, an ocean is made up of billions of drops, and each drop is essential to the whole.
So even though we may feel small and insignificant, it’s important to remember that we are each an important part of the greater whole. And when we come together, we have the potential to make a real impact.
8. “Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” – Socrates
9. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara de Angelis
10. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” — Robert Brault
The quote speaks to the difference between a casual friend and a true friend. A casual friend is someone who can fit you into their schedule. They are happy to see you when it is convenient for them. A true friend, on the other hand, does not need to consult their calendar.
They are always happy to make time for you, no matter how busy they are. This type of friend is hard to come by, but they are worth their weight in gold. A true friend is someone who will drop everything to be by your side, no matter what.
They are the kind of person who is always there for you, no matter what. So, cherish the friends who don’t consult their calendars – they are truly priceless.
11. “Real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.”– Morgan Matson
12. “If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
14. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
15. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
A true friend is someone who knows all of your flaws and imperfections but still thinks that you are an amazing person. They are the ones who know how to make you laugh, even when you don’t want to.
They are always there for you, no matter what. A true friend is someone who sees the best in you, even when you don’t see it yourself. So, if you have a friend who thinks you are a good egg, even though you are slightly cracked, then consider yourself lucky.
Because not everyone is lucky enough to have a true friend like that in their life.
16. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
17. “Friendship is accepting a person with all their qualities — good and bad.” — Mohanlal
18. “Never confuse people who are always around you, with people who are always there for you.” – Gee Linder
19. “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
The saying is often used when referring to romantic relationships, but it can apply to any type of relationship. When you’re apart from someone, you have the opportunity to miss them and reflect on all the good things about them.
This can lead to a deeper sense of love and appreciation. On the other hand, when you’re together, your attention is divided, and it’s easy to take each other for granted. So, in a way, absence does sharpen love, but it’s not always convenient or desirable. Still, it’s something to keep in mind.
20. “I’m with someone who is totally secure in himself. He’s not trying to be anything other than what he is.” – Chrissy Teigen
Relationships are hard. You’re constantly having to worry about what the other person is thinking, how they’re feeling, and if they’re happy. It can be exhausting. But, as the wise person once said, “I’m with someone who is totally secure in himself.
He’s not trying to be anything other than what he is.” And you know what? That is amazing. It’s so refreshing to be with someone who is comfortable in their own skin and doesn’t feel the need to put on a show for everyone.
They’re just themselves, and that is so incredibly freeing. So, if you’re ever feeling down about your relationship, just remember that quote and try to find someone who is totally secure in themselves. It will make all the difference.
21. “Just being there for someone can sometimes bring hope when all seems hopeless.” – Dave G. Llewelyn
22. “There’s nothing more vital to the bond you share with someone than simply being there for them.” – Suman Rai
23. “I told you that no matter what you did I’d be by your side cause I’m a ride or die whether you fail or fly.”
24. “I don’t want world ride or die for me, you’re enough, and we both ride or die for each other.”- Faisal Dil
25. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill
The quote is basically saying that if you don’t love someone, you can’t forgive them, and vice versa. Forgiveness requires understanding and empathy, two qualities that are often associated with love.
Similarly, love often leads to forgiveness, as we are more likely to excuse the faults of those we care for. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. There may be times when we forgive someone without loving them or when we continue to love someone despite their inability to ask for forgiveness.
But in general, the quote holds true: love and forgiveness are deeply intertwined.
26. “A good friend keeps your secrets for you. A best friend helps you keep your own secrets.”
– Lauren Oliver
27. “You don’t build a bond without being present.” – James Earl Jones
28. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
The quote is pretty self-explanatory, but let’s unpack it a bit. A friend is someone who knows you. They know your quirks, your weaknesses, and your strengths. They know what makes you tick and what sets you off. And yet, despite all of this, they still love you.
They accept you for who you are, flaws and all. That’s what true friendship is all about. It’s not about finding someone who is perfect; it’s about finding someone who loves you perfectly. And that, my friends, is a rare thing indeed.
Let’s Wind Up…
We hope you enjoyed the above look at the thought process of “ride or die.” The quotes we chose to show just how important this idea is to people. Whether it’s being there for a friend in their time of need or fighting to the death, people will do whatever they can to stay loyal to those they care about.
What’s your take on the thought of ride or die? Let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to share these inspiring quotes with your friends and family!