Rainbow babies are one of the most beautiful things in this world. They are born after a storm, and they bring light and hope to their families. Rainbow babies are often times celebrated more than other babies because they represent something so special – resilience in the face of heartache.
If you’re looking for some beautiful quotes about rainbow babies, you’ve come to the right place.
About Rainbow Babies
A rainbow baby is a baby that is born following the loss of a previous baby due to miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. The name “rainbow baby” comes from the idea of a rainbow appearing after a storm, symbolizing hope and new beginnings. For families who have experienced the heartbreak of losing a child, the birth of a rainbow baby can be both joyful and bittersweet.
While it is a time to celebrate new life, it can also be a reminder of the child that was lost. For many families, the arrival of a rainbow baby is an incredibly special and emotional event. Rainbow babies are a reminder that hope always follows heartache and that love can triumph over loss.
Here are the best Rainbow Baby Quotes
National Rainbow Baby Day is celebrated on the 22nd of august each year to celebrate rainbow babies and their families. Let’s celebrate rainbow babies and their families with these beautiful rainbow baby quotes.
1. “When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place” – C.S. Lewis
It’s interesting how often life works out this way. Just when we think we’ve lost something irreplaceable, we find that we’ve actually gained something even more valuable. This quote reminds us that it’s important to stay positive and be grateful for what we have, even in the face of loss.
Every “blessing” comes with its own challenges, but if we keep our eyes open, we might just find that everything happens for a reason. Life has a way of course-correcting itself, and often, what seems like a setback turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Who knows what surprises life has in store for us?
2. “A rainbow baby marks the beginnings of all things—wonder, hope, and a beautiful dream of possibilities”
3. “A rainbow baby is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravage of the storm”
When a storm comes, it can be destructive. Homes can be damaged, trees can be uprooted, and lives can be lost. But after the storm has passed, there is often a moment of beauty: a rainbow appearing in the sky.
For those who have experienced loss, that moment can be bittersweet. A rainbow baby is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravage of the storm.
Just as a storm leaves behind destruction, so too does loss leave behind grief and pain. But out of that grief can come moments of great beauty and joy. A rainbow baby is a reminder that hope and love can triumph over loss and sorrow.
4. “A rainbow baby is a special kind of miracle that only exists because of your loss, not instead of it”
5. “It’s okay to feel overwhelmed with emotions by the birth of your rainbow baby. You can feel saddened by your loss and overjoyed by your little miracle”
6. “Nobody had ever had a rainbow baby until they had the rain” – Jim Croce
The quote is saying that you can’t have a rainbow baby until you have first had the rain. In other words, you can’t appreciate the beauty of a rainbow until you have first experienced the storm.
This is an important message because it reminds us that life is full of ups and downs. We often only see the good moments, but it’s the tough times that make us who we are. Without experiencing pain, we would never appreciate joy.
7. “Rainbow babies fill our hearts with renewed hope and boundless love”
8. “Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain” – Zion Lee
9. “God placed a rainbow in the sky to let me know you were on your way”
10. “When I look at my rainbow baby, I know a little bit of heaven is looking back at me”
11. “Rainbow babies are not made; they are birthed by storms.”- Nikki Rowe
The above quote speaks to the fact that rainbow babies are not created by accident. They are the result of a difficult and often stormy journey. For many parents, the path to parenthood is full of challenges and heartache. But, when they finally do welcome their rainbow baby into the world, all of the hardship is worth it.
Rainbow babies are a reminder that hope always follows after the storm. They are a symbol of resilience and strength, and they fill their families with joy. Parents of rainbow babies will always cherish their little ones, knowing that they are truly miracles.
12. “None appreciates rainbow and sunshine better than he on whose parade it has rained” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
13. “Dreams really do come true, my sweet rainbow baby; I’ve been waiting for you”
14. “There is always light after darkness.”
The quote is saying that no matter how dark things may seem, there is always hope for a better tomorrow. It’s a reminder that we should never give up, even when things are at their worst. Life is full of ups and downs, but as long as we keep moving forward, eventually, we will reach the light.
This quote is a source of inspiration for many people who are going through tough times. It reminds us that no matter how bad things seem, they will eventually get better. So if you’re feeling down and out, just remember: there is always light after darkness.
15. “Out of difficulties, we grow miracles” – Jean de la Bruyère
It is often said that we learn more from our failures than our successes. While it is true that we may not always achieve our desired outcomes, the process of overcoming challenges can help us to develop important skills and strengths.
In fact, many of the most successful people in history have faced numerous difficulties along the way. The ability to persevere in the face of adversity is a key ingredient for success.
As the quote suggests, out of difficulties can come great things. By facing our challenges head-on, we give ourselves the opportunity to grow and learn, opening up new possibilities for miracles.
16. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet” – Aristotle
17. “Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, as without light, nothing flowers” – May Sarton
These words beautifully capture the importance of both light and darkness in the natural world. Without darkness, there can be no light; both are essential for life to flourish. In the physical world, darkness is essential for plants to grow and produce energy.
But darkness also has a more abstract role to play; it is a time of introspection, reflection, and dream-making. It is a time when we can go within ourselves and access our deepest thoughts and feelings.
In this way, darkness can be seen as a necessary counterpart to light, providing balance and helping us to appreciate the power of both.
18. “Some only dream of angels; I held one in my arms”
19. “You are the rainbow that adds colours to my grey skies” – Avijeet Das
The quote speaks to the idea that we all need someone in our lives who can brighten up our day. We all have days where everything feels grey and bleak, but having someone who can add a little bit of colour can make all the difference.
It’s like having a little piece of sunshine in our lives that we can turn to on even the darkest of days. When we feel like we can’t keep going, they are there to remind us that there is still beauty in the world. They remind us that we are not alone and that we are loved. So, thank you, to the rainbow in my life, for adding colours to my grey skies.
20. “The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow” – Tarryn Donaldson
21. “You were carried for only a moment but are loved for a lifetime”
22. “Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same”
The speaker in this quote is talking about the cycle of life and how death is necessary for new life to grow. When something dies, it leaves behind a space that can be filled with something new.
This new thing may not be exactly the same as what was there before, but it can still be beautiful in its own way. The speaker is encouraging us to see the beauty in change and to appreciate the new things that can grow in the aftermath of loss.
Death is not the end but simply a part of the cycle of life. And from death comes new life, which is always something to be celebrated.
Let’s Wind Up…
What a beautiful thing it is to see the rainbow after a storm. The hope and promise it brings, letting us know that better things are ahead. This is what a rainbow baby means to so many families. A symbol of hope and new beginnings after enduring a great loss.
As you read these 22 quotes about rainbow babies, may you find comfort and peace in knowing that you are not alone in your journey? If you have experienced the loss of a child, please know that our hearts go out to you.
We send up prayers for your sweet little one, and we pray for your family as you continue on this difficult path. May the love of God surround you all during this time of mourning, and may He give you strength to carry on day by day.