Who doesn’t love the Minions? These little yellow creatures have been making us laugh for years with their hilarious quotes. In this article, we will list some of the best minion quotes of all time. We’ll also take a look at the history of these lovable characters and discuss why they are so popular. So gather up your favorite minion quotes and get ready to laugh!
About The Minions
Minions are small, yellow creatures that have appeared in the Despicable Me franchise since 2010. They are characterized by their round bodies, large eyes, and blue overalls. While they are often associated with mischief and mayhem, Minions are also known for their childlike innocence and playfulness.
In the films, they are shown to be fiercely loyal to Gru, the villain protagonist of the franchise. However, they have also been known to cause trouble for him on occasion. Regardless, the Minions remain a fan-favorite part of the franchise thanks to their unique appearance and amusing antics.
Here are the best Minion Quotes
The Minions are the official symbols for Illumination, and The New York Times has called them “corporate icons” for Comcast in the years since it bought out Illumination’s parent company NBCUniversal in 2013. Let’s take a look at some of the minion quotes that have made them so popular:
1. “Alcohol does not make you fat it makes you lean… Against tables, chairs, floors, walls, and ugly people.”
As the above quote suggests, alcohol actually has the potential to help you lose weight. Of course, this is only true if you drink in moderation and avoid sugary mixers. Alcohol can help to boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite, both of which are key factors in weight loss. In addition, moderate drinking has been linked with lower levels of belly fat.
2. “Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.”
3. “Don’t wait until you are rich to be happy. Happy is free.”
It’s easy to think that happiness is something that money can buy. After all, we are constantly bombarded with ads that tell us that we will be happier if we just buy this product or that service.
However, the truth is that happiness is not something that can be bought. Instead, it is a state of mind that comes from within. And the good news is that it’s something that anyone can achieve regardless of their financial situation.
4. “My mother always told me if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all… and some people wonder why I’m so quiet around them!”
5. “I was going to do something, then I got distracted for 5 seconds and forgot.”
6. “If God shuts a door, quit banging on it! Whether it was behind it, wasn’t meant for you. Consider the fact that maybe he closed that door because he knew you were worth so much more.”
If God shuts a door, it’s probably best not to keep banging on it. It’s possible that he closed the door because he knew you were worth more than what was behind it. Maybe he had something better in store for you.
In any case, it’s probably best to move on and find another door to open. Who knows, the door that God closes for you might just be the one that leads to something great.
7. “Top 4 wishes: 1. To earn money without working 2. To be smart without studying 3. To love without being hurt. 4. To eat without getting fat.”
8. “Have you ever noticed that in every group of friends, the shortest one is usually the craziest.”
This is because they have to compensate for their lack of height by being extra wild and crazy. They are always looking for ways to stand out and get attention. And they are always up for anything, no matter how dangerous or foolish it may be.
9. “Love me, and I’ll move mountains to make you happy. Hurt me, and I’ll drop those mountains on your head”
10. “I hate it when you have to be nice to someone you want to throw a brick at.”
We’ve all been there- forced to interact with someone we can’t stand. Maybe it’s a coworker you have to see every day or a family member you only see at holiday gatherings.
Whatever the case, it can be tough to keep your cool when you’re around someone you really can’t stand. As the saying goes, though, sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and be nice to them. After all, it’s not worth ruining a perfectly good brick over someone you don’t even like.
11. “The best feeling is waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you still have hours to sleep.”
12. “Never sing in the shower singing leads to dancing, dancing leads to slipping, and slipping leads to paramedics seeing you naked, so remember, don’t sing”
13. “One of the best feelings in the world is knowing that someone is happy because of you.”
It’s one of the best feelings in the world when someone is happy because of you. It feels like you’ve made their day, and that’s a great feeling. Sometimes it’s even better when they don’t even know it was you who made them happy. It’s like you made their day without even trying. That’s the best feeling ever.
14. “I don’t like to think before I speak. I like to be just as surprised as everyone else about what comes out of my mouth.”
15. “My tolerance level is extremely low; proceed with caution!”
16. “Do you think regular dogs see police dogs and think…. Oh shit it’s the cops!”
It’s no secret that dogs have a much keener sense of smell than humans. This is why police forces around the world use them to sniff out drugs and explosives. But it turns out that these furry law enforcement officers may also be better at detecting guilt and innocence than their human counterparts.
In a recent study, researchers found that dogs were able to correctly identify guilty suspects more than 80% of the time. That’s compared to just 50% for human observers.
So what do these findings mean for the criminal justice system? Well, it’s possible that police dogs could one day be used in court to help determine whether a defendant is guilty or innocent. Of course, there would need to be more research to confirm that dogs are reliable witnesses. But if they are, it could mean a major shift in the way we dispense justice.
17. “Take life day by day and be grateful for all little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.”
18. “I love my six-pack so much that I protect it with a layer of fat.”
Everyone has that one thing they love so much that they’re willing to protect it at all costs. For some, it’s their car. For others, it’s their collection of rare stamps. And for some people, it’s their six-pack. But instead of using a lock and key, they’ve decided to safeguard their abs with a layer of fat.
It’s an unconventional approach, but it seems to be working for them. After all, why would anyone want to steal something that’s hidden behind such a thick layer of protection?
19. “Life is all about ass. You’re either covering it, laughing it off, kissing it, kicking it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it behaving like one… Or, you live with one!!!”
20. “Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face.”
The above quote is a clever way of saying that friends are always changing, but true friends will always stick around. The metaphor of the waves is perfect for explaining how friends come and go.
They are always moving and changing, just like the waves. But just like the octopus, true friends will stick with you through thick and thin. They will be there for you when you need them the most.
21. “Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes…”
The quote is trying to say that it takes someone really special to make you both happy and sad at the same time. It’s common for people to make each other smile or cry, but it’s not often that someone can do both.
This person is probably very important to you, and they have the ability to make you feel a range of emotions. They can make you laugh until you cry, or they can make you cry from happiness. Either way, they are someone who is really special to you and who has a deep impact on your life.
22. “Warning! A virus called Monday is fast approaching. There is no cure. Just drink plenty of alcohol on Sunday night to ease the pain!”
23. “There’s no better feeling than going to bed at night and not having to set an alarm for tomorrow morning.”
24. “Don’t worry about getting older. You still get to do stupid things, only slower.”
As anyone who has reached a certain age can attest, getting older doesn’t mean you have to give up your sense of fun. You can still enjoy a good prank or recite a corny joke – you just might need a little more time to execute it. In fact, some might say that the older you get, the more wisdom you have to bring to your foolishness.
25. “I hate it when people are at your house and ask, ‘Do you have a bathroom?’ No, we pee in the yard.”
Let’s Wind Up…
The Minions are a lovable, hilarious bunch that always brings laughs. We’ve collected 25 of our favorite Minion quotes for your enjoyment. What is your favorite?
We would love to hear in the comments below. And if you have any other Minion quotes that we missed, please share them with us. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the rest of the time!