Anime is a cartoon genre that has become increasingly popular in the past few decades. It is often characterized by its bright colors, exaggerated features, and emotional storytelling. While anime can be serious and dramatic, it often contains lighthearted and humorous moments. This blog post will look at ten funny anime quotes that will make you laugh out loud!
Anime is a truly incredible art form that encompasses various genres and styles. Whether you enjoy epic action-adventure series, heartfelt coming-of-age stories, quirky slice-of-life comedies, or anything in between, there is an anime for you.
Some of the most popular and beloved anime titles include classics like Sailor Moon and Death Note and more contemporary favorites like Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia. In addition to their compelling storylines and interesting characters, many anime series also use groundbreaking animation techniques to bring the colorful worlds of these shows to life.
Whether you’re a diehard fan or just getting started on your journey into the world of anime, there truly is something for everyone in this exciting medium. So, what are you waiting for if you’re ready to dive into this thrilling world of wonder and imagination? The sky’s the limit when it comes to exploring all that anime has to offer!
Here are the best Funny Anime Quotes
Anime is a genre of Japanese art that includes all types of animation. Anime dates back to the early 20th century but didn’t become widely known until the 1960s. Let’s explore some of the best funny anime quotes:
1. “Laziness is such an ugly word, I prefer selective participation.”– Lucifer from “Devil Is A Part-Timer!”
Lucifer argues that most people view laziness as an inability to get things done or an unwillingness to work hard. In reality, however, laziness simply means being selective about participating in various activities and focusing your energy on only those truly important things to you.
It is about knowing what you want out of life and taking steps to achieve your goals, even if they may not be conventional or popular. And so, rather than being a source of shame or guilt, laziness is actually a sign of strength and creativity.
After all, as Lucifer says himself: “If people see through so-called laziness and actually focus on what they can accomplish with their time… they become ambitious enough to accomplish some crazy things!”
2. “Our weakness is that we are morons.” – Angel from “Angel Beats”
3. “An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough!”- Marie Mjolnir from “Soul Eater”
4. “Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately, she is a mother and we should respect her.”– Shikamaru from “Naruto”
5. “There are three things I cannot tolerate: cowardice, bad haircuts, and military insurrection, and it is very unfortunate that our friend Vegeta possesses all three of these.” – Freeza from “Dragon Ball Z”
When it comes to tolerating certain things, Freeza from the classic anime series “Dragon Ball Z” is not one to mess around. He despises cowardice, bad haircuts, and any sort of uprising or rebellion amongst his troops, which is likely why he takes such a harsh stance against Vegeta in the famous quote above.
After all, as one of the most powerful villains in the show, Freeza certainly does not take any of these behaviors lightly. But what makes Freeza so intolerant of these seemingly harmless things? Perhaps it’s because he knows that even small acts of dissent can quickly snowball into something much more dangerous if left unchecked.
Or maybe it’s simply because he does not appreciate having his authority challenged at any point in time. Whatever the reason may be, there’s no doubt that Freeza is an intimidating figure who will spare no mercy for those who don’t toe the line.
6. “I have a family of my own I need to tend to. Two boys and a wife. An extremely angry wife who probably wants to kill me right now.” – Goku from “Dragon Ball Z”
7. “Now all that is left is the destruction of the earth, but I think it would be a waste to destroy it. The food of this planet is very delicious.” – Beerus from “Dragon Ball Super”
8. “People die when they are killed.” – Shirō Emiya from “Fate/Stay Night”
9. “I have two rules. Rule one: I’m always right. Rule two: If I’m wrong, refer to rule one…” – L from “Death Note”
10. “My ears do more than just frame my face.” – Piccolo from “Dragon Ball Z”
11. “Don’t you know it’s rude to grow mushrooms in other people’s closets?!!” – Fujioka Haruhi from “Ouran Host Club”
12. “I dreamed that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, It was the worst dream ever!” – Taiga Aisaka from “Toradora”
There is no doubt that almost everyone has had bad dreams at some point in their lives. Whether it’s about falling off a cliff or being chased by a scary monster, these unpleasant visions can stay with us long after we awake. Perhaps the most unsettling and embarrassing dreams are those where the people we love turn against us somehow.
For instance, take Taiga Aisaka from Toradora, who dreamed her crush was a dog. While this may sound like the worst nightmare imaginable, I think we can all relate to feeling that way about a romantic partner once or twice.
Luckily for Taiga and anyone else who has had similar dreams, this uncomfortable feeling is only temporary and will soon fade away in the light of day. So maybe the next time we have a bad dream about our significant other, we should try not to take it too seriously! After all, there’s nothing that love can’t overcome.
13. “Hey, you stupid fox, you’re in my body and you owe me rent, so for payment, I’ll take your chakra, you got that?” – Naruto from “Naruto”
14. “I don’t wanna brag or anything, but when it comes to being the worst – I’m at the top.” – Rider Astolfo from “Fate Apocrypha”
15. “Will you be eating that cake?… Say what you want, but I will be taking the cake.” – L from “Death Note”
16. “I see. I do not understand even one of those problems.’’ – Sasuke Uchiha from “Naruto”
17. “When you’re in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!” – Isshin Kurosaki from “Bleach”
When you’re a teenager, it sometimes seems like your life is one big secret. Whether sneaking out late at night to hang out with your friends or lying to your parents about where you’re going on vacation, you know that if they ever found out the truth, they wouldn’t be happy.
So when Isshin Kurosaki, a seasoned high schooler and self-proclaimed delinquent, advises us all to do things that are so bad that we could never tell our parents about them, he must be speaking from experience. After all, how many times have we found ourselves doing exactly what he says? And yet, in spite of these sneaky antics and naughtiness, it isn’t long before we look back fondly on our rebellious teenage years and laugh about our secret hijinks for years to come.
18. “You’re thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!” – Asuka Langley Soryu from “Evangelion”
19. “If you die, I’ll kill you!” – Roronoa Zoro from “One Piece”
20. “My hobby is eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them.”- Naruto from “Naruto”
21. “I bet dead people are easier to get along with.” – Crona from “Soul Eater”
There’s no denying it – being alive sure is hard work sometimes. Between deadlines at work, fighting through traffic on your morning commute, and trying to juggle everything else on your plate, it feels like there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done.
That’s why so many of us are attracted to Crona’s humorous quote about dead people. After all, if you’re dead, presumably, you don’t have to worry about all of those pesky responsibilities anymore. You can just rest in your grave without a care in the world!
But is that really true? Sure, there may be fewer things to worry about when you’re six feet under, but that doesn’t mean dead people are any easier to get along with than living ones. After all, just because they can’t complain or spread gossip doesn’t mean that they don’t have their own issues, right?
22. “Please don’t worry, Mister, I only came here to obliterate you, not rob you.” – Excel from “Excel Saga”
23. “I can’t develop feelings. That’s how most idiots screw up.” – Light Yagami from “Death Note”
24. “The only thing more important than wearing the right underwear to the doctor is wearing the right underwear into battle.” – Konohamaru from “Naruto”
25. “Don’t talk, it makes you sound stupid.” – Yusuke from “Yu Yu Hakusho”
26. “A true hero always arrives late.” – Naruto from “Naruto”
You see, in Naruto’s world, arriving late is often synonymous with arriving in style. He knows that his timing might not be perfect every time, but he also knows that his quick thinking and impressive skills will inevitably get him out of any jam.
So even if he doesn’t always arrive first, he always arrives when it counts – and that’s what makes him a true hero in the eyes of those around him. And though they might tease him for his tardiness, they know they can always count on him to put everything on the line for their sake.
27. “If you use your head, you won’t get fat even if you eat sweets.” – L Lawliet from “Death Note”
28. “Sometimes I get the feeling that we’re all just a bunch of clowns standing on our tiptoes at the edge of a great abyss.” – Koizumi Itsuki from “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”
29. “We believe that God exists and he exists because we exist.” – Koizumi Itsuki from “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”
30. “Alright… It’s time to clean up some interstellar trash.” – Piccolo from “Dragon Ball Z”
31. ”Life is like a tube of toothpaste. When you use all the toothpaste to get a final squeeze, that’s when you actually live. Struggle and struggle as long as you have life. ” – Mayon Sonozaki from “Higurashi no Naku Koro ni”
When it comes to life, it’s all about finding the right balance. On the one hand, you want to make sure you’re using up all your opportunities as you go through life – squeezing every last drop out of life, so to speak. That’s why people say things like “live every day like it’s your last,” because you never know when that final squeeze might come.
But on the other hand, this quote also makes a subtle point about how we sometimes get buried in unnecessary struggle and stress along the way. And it’s important to remember that even though there may be times when we feel like we can’t go on, there’s always something worth fighting for if we dig deep and keep pushing forward.
32. “If you see a stranger, follow him.” – Ed from “Cowboy Bebop”
33. “I’m stupid, I’m an airhead, I’m an idiot… just like Tamaki” – Hikaru Hitachiin from “Ouran Host Club”
34. “So tell me, what’s it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?” – Hiei from “Yu Yu Hakusho”
Living in a constant haze of stupidity can be a bit of a challenge at times, to say the least. At first, you might not even realize that you’re living in this haze – after all, it’s kind of hard to see anything when you’re stuck in the thick fog of idiocy all the time! But eventually, it starts to become painfully clear that you aren’t exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Everything seems like a monumental task, and even simple tasks like doing the dishes or taking out the trash can seem nearly impossible. But hey, it’s not all bad! After all, what’s life without a good dose of laughter? And there will be plenty of laughs to go around if you manage to survive long enough in your hazy little world.
Just remember that while some people might judge you or make fun of your stupidity, they just wish they could be as cool and carefree as you are. In other words, always remember to stay strong and embrace your inner dumbass – because, truthfully speaking, being stupid is pretty awesome! 🙂
35. “If you keep this secret, this strawberry is yours.” – L from “Death Note”
36. “Listen up, Simon. Don’t believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!” – Kamina from “Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann”
37. “If you let the fly live, the spider is going to die. You can’t save both without one suffering…” – Knives “Trigun”
38. “What a low blow! You fiend of a child! A punch to the scrotum is unforgivable!” – Tenya Iida from “My Hero Academia”
39. “What is life? Why do people live? Someone asked me that, and then I beat him within an inch of his life.” – Heiwajima from “Durarara”
Of course, this quote might sound a bit harsh on the surface. After all, who wants to fight, laugh and cry all day long? But when you really think about it, isn’t this what makes life so special? Through the ups and downs, we encounter every single day, whether that’s getting into an argument with a loved one or cracking ourselves up over some silly joke, we have the opportunity to feel passion and emotion in ways that nothing else can replicate.
40. “You don’t need a driver’s license to hit and run.’’ – Kagura from “Gintama”
Let’s Wind Up…
Anime has become one of the most popular genres on TV today. Unsurprisingly, there are so many great anime quotes out there. These funny anime quotes come from some of the best shows ever made, and they’re sure to make you laugh.