If you’re a fan of The Karate Kid, then you’re going to love Cobra Kai! This American martial arts comedy-drama television series is a sequel to the original films and follows the lives of Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) and Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka).
The show is full of great quotes, and we’ve gathered some of our favorites for you here. Enjoy!
About Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai is an American martial arts comedy-drama television series and a sequel to the original The Karate Kid films by Robert Mark Kamen. The show takes place 34 years after 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, where a now-grown-up Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) must face his old nemesis, Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka), who has re-opened the infamous Cobra Kai dojo.
The show is set in the San Fernando Valley and features an ensemble cast including Jacob Bertrand, Gianni Decenzo, Tanner Buchanan, and Mary Mouser. The first season was released on YouTube Red in 2018 and became an instant hit with fans of the original films.
The second season was released in 2019 and received even more positive reviews.
In 2020 series rights were acquired by Netflix; the Fifth season of the show is set to release on September 9, 2022.
Here are the best Cobra Kai Quotes
With its mix of nostalgia, humor, drama, and martial arts action, Cobra Kai is a must-watch for fans of the original films and anyone who enjoys a good story.
Let’s take a look at some of the best quotes from the show.
1. “Two cobras in the jungle. One kills the strongest lion; the other kills a crippled monkey. Which cobra do you want to be?” -Johnny Lawrence
The Cobra Kai dojo is known for producing some of the strongest fighters in the world. But as Johnny Lawrence knows, it’s not just about brute strength. It’s also about having the speed, agility, and precision to take down your opponent.
Through the above quote, Johnny is urging his students to aspire to be the latter Cobra Kai. The one that can take down any opponent, no matter how strong they may be. It’s a powerful message that has resonated with Cobra Kai students for generations.
And it’s one that will continue to motivate them to strive for excellence in all their pursuits.
2. “Many of us used to be enemies. But rivalries don’t need to last forever.” -Daniel LaRusso
3. “Kicks get chicks.” -Johnny Lawrence
4. “It doesn’t matter if you’re a loser, a nerd, or a freak; the only thing that matters is that you become badass.” -Johnny Lawrence
5. “We may have taken some losses. But it’s not about how you start; it’s about how you finish.” -Robby Keene
The Cobra Kai dojo has seen its share of ups and downs, but as any true fan of the show knows, it’s not about how you start; it’s about how you finish. In the third season of Cobra Kai, we see the dojo go through some tough times.
But in the end, they come out stronger than ever. This quote is a great reminder that no matter what life throws at you, it’s important to keep going and never give up. So if you’re feeling down, just remember: It’s not about how you start; it’s about how you finish.
6. “I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight.” -Johnny Lawrence
7. “If you have hate in your heart, then you have already lost.” -Daniel LaRusso
Daniel is teaching his students karate, and he tells them this quote. He means that if they have hate in their heart, then they have already lost because hate is a negative emotion, and it will only bring them down.
This is a very inspiring quote because it shows that if you have positive emotions like love and compassion, then you will be successful.
8. “If I’m extra hard on you, it’s because you have the ability to be better than me.” -Johnny Lawrence
9. “In the real world, you can’t expect people to do what they’re supposed to do.” -Johnny Lawrence
10. “Never underestimate your enemy, even if you think they’re weaker than you, you have to stay one step ahead of them, that’s the only way to guarantee the victory.” -John Kreese
This quote is not only motivating, but it is also wise words to live by. In any situation, it is important to be aware of your opponent and to always be prepared for anything they might throw your way. By remaining one step ahead, you can increase your chances of success in any situation.
11. “There’s no honor in being merciless.” -Miguel Diaz
This quote is significant because it goes against the common perception of martial arts as being violent and aggressive. Instead, it demonstrates that there can be a lot of honor and nobility in martial arts if it is practiced with the right mindset.
12. “When negative feelings overwhelm you, look for the good within yourself.” -Daniel LaRusso
13. “Man who works for passion always richer than the man who works for money.” -Daniel LaRusso
This is a great quote because it shows that if you are passionate about something, you will be richer than someone who just does it for the money. Money can’t buy happiness, but passion can.
14. “Put good into the world, and good will come back to you.” -Kumiko
It’s a simple but powerful statement that reminds us of the importance of being kind and doing good deeds. When we put good into the world through our actions and words, we create a ripple effect that can ultimately lead to positive change.
In addition, by being kind and helping others, we often find that good comes back to us in some way. Whether it’s an act of kindness being reciprocated or simply a feeling of satisfaction from knowing we’ve helped someone, putting good into the world can lead to our own personal happiness and fulfillment.
15. “The best defense is more offense.” -Johnny Lawrence
16. “Weakness is unacceptable.” -John Kreese
17. “Sometimes it’s good to visit the past to know where you are now, but you can’t live in the past.” -Ali Mills
The past can be a great source of inspiration and knowledge, but it’s important to remember that you can’t live there. The past is full of memories, both good and bad, but it’s important to focus on the present and the future.
That’s not to say that you should forget your history, but you should make sure that you’re living in the present and looking toward the future. After all, the present is where your life is happening, and the future is full of potential.
So visit the past if you need some guidance, but don’t forget to enjoy the present and look forward to the future.
18. “I still live with the fear. We all do on some level. I just try not to let it ever win.” -Daniel LaRusso
19. “The older you get, the more you’re going to learn that life isn’t fair.” -Johnny Lawrence
20. “Just because something’s been around longer doesn’t make it better.” -Johnny Lawrence
21. “We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition.” -John Kreese
22. “Alone we are nothing, but if we work together, we have a shot.” -Samantha LaRusso
The quote is talking about the power of teamwork. Alone, we are weak and vulnerable. But if we work together, we have a chance to succeed. We can pool our resources and knowledge, and we can support and encourage each other.
When we work together, we are stronger and more capable than we are on our own. This is why it’s so important to build strong relationships with others. We all need someone to rely on, and we all have something to contribute. Together, we can accomplish great things.
23. “Life isn’t always fair. Sometimes the world can be cruel. That’s why you have to learn to be cruel yourselves.” -John Kreese
24. “If your enemy insists on war, then you take away their ability to wage it.” -Chozen Toguchi
25. “You do the right thing cause it’s the right thing to do.” -Daniel LaRusso
The above quote is one of the most basic moral teachings. It means that we should do what is right, even if it is not easy or convenient. This can be a difficult principle to follow, but it is important to remember that our actions have consequences.
When we do the right thing, even if it is hard, we set a positive example for others. We also build trust and respect. On the other hand, when we take the easy way out and do what is wrong, we damage relationships and erode our own character.
The next time you are faced with a difficult decision, take a moment to think about what the right thing to do is. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it in the end.
26. “It may not seem brave, but sometimes, avoiding conflict is one of the most heroic things you can do.” -Daniel LaRusso
27. “Cobra Kai is about strength – if you’re not strong on the inside, then you can’t be strong on the outside.” -Johnny Lawrence
28. “Sometimes the scars you can’t see are the ones that hurt the most.” -Samantha LaRusso
In many ways, the quote is very accurate. The physical scars might take some time to heal, but the emotional ones might take a lifetime. A lot of people have been through some tough times in their lives, and they carry those scars with them everywhere they go.
It’s important to remember that everyone has scars, even if they’re not visible to the naked eye. Sometimes, the hardest battles are the ones that are fought internally.
29. “You are the only one who can get up when you are down.” -Daniel LaRusso
30. “I wasn’t taught the difference between mercy and honor, and I paid for it.” -Johnny Lawrence
31. “Never mind your past mistakes; don’t let them determine your future.” -Carmen Diaz
We all make mistakes; it’s part of being human. However, we should never let our past mistakes determine our future. Just because we made a mistake doesn’t mean we are doomed to repeat it.
We can learn from our mistakes and use that knowledge to make better choices in the future. Instead of dwelling on our past, we should focus on the present and work towards creating the future we want.
So, don’t let your past mistakes hold you back. Use them as motivation to move forward and create the life you want.
32. “Some kids need a little aggression.” -Johnny Lawrence
33. “You know what they say; there’s no such thing as a bad student.” -Johnny Lawrence
The implication is that every student has the potential to succeed if they just try hard enough. While it’s true that every student has unique talents and abilities, some students do face more challenges than others.
For example, a student who comes from a low-income family may not have access to the same resources as a student from a wealthy family. Additionally, a student with learning disabilities may need extra help in order to succeed in school.
Ultimately, the quote overlooks the fact that some students face greater challenges than others. However, it remains an inspiring message for students who are struggling in school.
Let’s Wind Up…
The Karate Kid saga is one of the most iconic stories in martial arts cinema, and it’s great to see that the legacy has been continued with Cobra Kai. This series is packed full of humor, heart, and some truly amazing martial arts action.
If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, be sure to add Cobra Kai to your watch list – you won’t regret it! And don’t forget to share your favorite quotes from the show in the comments below. Thanks for reading!