Chadwick Boseman was an American actor who starred in some of the biggest films of recent years. His powerful performances had won him critical acclaim and a large fan base. In this article, we will take a look at some of the best quotes by Chadwick Boseman. These quotes are full of wisdom and offer great insights into the world of acting and life in general. We hope you enjoy reading them!
About Chadwick Boseman
Chadwick Aaron Boseman was an American actor. Born and raised in South Carolina, Boseman graduated from Howard University in 2000 with a degree in directing.
He began his acting career in guest roles on television, making his film debut in an independent film before appearing in supporting roles in such films as 42 (2013) and Get on Up (2014).
In 2016, he starred as the Marvel Comics character Black Panther in the MCU film Captain America: Civil War, becoming the first black superhero to appear in a mainstream film.
Boseman died of colon cancer on August 28, 2020, at the age of 43. His death came as a shock to many, as he had not publicly disclosed his diagnosis. Despite his short career, Boseman was a prolific and versatile actor who brought gravitas and nuance to every role he played. He will be dearly missed by fans all over the world.
Here are the best Chadwick Boseman Quotes
Boseman was a dedicated philanthropist who championed numerous causes. He will be remembered not only for his impressive body of work but also for his kind heart and passion for justice. Let’s remember Chadwick Boseman by celebrating his life and sharing his inspiring words.
1. “There’s nothing more stressful than your stomach growling.”- Chadwick Boseman
Anyone who has ever been hungry can relate to the sentiment expressed in this quote. When your stomach is growling, it’s a very physical reminder that you need to eat.
This can be stressful, especially if you’re in a situation where you can’t access food. Think about the last time you were really hungry. Was your mind able to focus on anything else?
Or were you fixated on the growling noise coming from your stomach? For many people, hunger can be a major source of stress. And it’s not just because of the physical sensation of being hungry. When we’re hungry, our blood sugar levels drop, and we can feel tired, irritable, and unfocused.
2. “I think the most stressful time of my life was when I was in New York, and I didn’t have money to pay my rent.”- Chadwick Boseman
3. “When you’re doing a character, you want to know the full landscape. You want to know them spiritually, mentally, and physically.” – Chadwick Boseman
Chadwick Boseman was an incredible actor who brought many amazing characters to life on the big screen. He believed that in order to truly understand a character, you needed to know them inside and out.
This meant getting to know their spiritual side, their mental state, and their physicality. By understanding all of these aspects of a character, Boseman was able to create complex and multi-dimensional characters that resonated with audiences.
His commitment to his craft was evident in his work, and he will be deeply missed by those who had the privilege of working with him.
4. “I think you realize how much you need to have people that you love. It’s not as much about them loving you – it’s about you need to love people.”- Chadwick Boseman
5. “I’m not afraid to work.”- Chadwick Boseman
6. “When you pray for something, it can actually happen, and that is powerful.”- Chadwick Boseman
8. “The best advice about getting older? Just be thankful you’re not dead.”- Chadwick Boseman
While some people might view getting older as a negative process, there are many benefits to growing older. For one, you gain wisdom and knowledge with each passing year.
You also have the chance to witness the world change and grow, and you can take pride in the achievements of your children and grandchildren. In addition, growing older allows you to reflect on your life and make changes that will improve your health and happiness.
9. “The number one rule of acting is, ‘do not seek approval from the audience.’ People don’t realize that. You can’t do stuff to get applause. You have to live in the truth.”- Chadwick Boseman
10. “I’m an artist. Artists don’t need permission to work. Regardless of whether I’m acting or not, I write. I write when I’m tired, in fact, because I believe your most pure thoughts surface.”- Chadwick Boseman
11. “When you play characters, you shouldn’t just be putting on their characteristics – you should be finding it inside yourself.” – Chadwick Boseman
12. “I started out as a writer and a director. I started acting because I wanted to know how to relate to the actors. When people ask me what I do, I don’t really say that I’m an actor because actors often wait for someone to give them roles.”- Chadwick Boseman
13. “You’re not free unless you can show the good and the bad, all sides of them. So to me, when I play a character, it’s important that I can show every aspect of them.”- Chadwick Boseman
In this quote, Chadwick Boseman is speaking about the importance of portraying a multi-dimensional character. He believed that an actor is not truly free unless they can show both the light and the dark sides of a human being. This is what he tried to do in his acting.
He wanted to be able to show every side of a character, not just the one that is easy to like. This commitment to truth and complexity is what makes Boseman such a magnetic and compelling actor. He constantly challenged himself and his audience, inviting us to see the world from new and unexpected perspectives.
In a world that is often divided by black and white thinking, Boseman’s words remind us of the power of grey areas and the importance of always striving for nuance and understanding.
14. “I try to look at every role the same way, regardless of whether the character is real or the character is a fantasy. I always start from myself because you have to know yourself first.”- Chadwick Boseman
15. “Guys are natural problem solvers – they like to have strategies.” – Chadwick Boseman
Boseman discussed the difference between men and women and how they approach problem-solving. He explained that men are “natural problem solvers” who like to have strategies in place. Women, on the other hand, are more likely to “lean into their emotions” and use them to guide their decision-making.
While there are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches, Boseman argued that men can learn a lot from women when it comes to solving problems. He suggested that men could benefit from being more open about their emotions and willing to ask for help when needed. By doing so, men would not only be better equipped to solve problems but also to connect with others on a deeper level.
16. “You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking; you are under pressure.”- Chadwick Boseman
17. “We live in a world where people can ridicule you at the push of a button. They can question you at the push of a button.” – Chadwick Boseman
18. “You might have one thing in your head, but the things you’re doing don’t lead down the right road, necessarily. When you’re young, you don’t want to hear that. You think you can do everything, be all things.” – Chadwick Boseman
19. “As a director, it is important to understand the actor’s process.”- Chadwick Boseman
As any actor will tell you, the process of creating a character is an intense and personal one. Every detail, from the way they walk and talk to their deepest motivations, must be carefully considered. As a director, it is therefore important to understand the actor’s processes to get the best performance out of them.
By taking the time to get to know their actors and how they work, directors can create an environment in which everyone can do their best work. This was demonstrated by Chadwick Boseman, who was known for his dedication to his craft.
In his short but impactful career, Boseman left us with some truly unforgettable performances. It is clear that his understanding of the actor’s process played a major role in his success
20. “The industry looks for white actors and actresses, but it’s not the same for black actors. We have to really put the work in.” – Chadwick Boseman
21. “People don’t want to experience change; they just want to wake up, and it’s different.”- Chadwick Boseman
The late, great Chadwick Boseman was known for his profound and inspiring quotes, and this is certainly one of them. On the surface, it may seem like a simple statement, but it contains a lot of truth. People generally don’t like change because it can be uncomfortable and unfamiliar.
But at the same time, we all want things to be different. We want to wake up and find that our problems have magically disappeared. Unfortunately, life doesn’t work like that. Change is sometimes necessary to improve our lives. And while it can be tough, it’s often worth it in the end.
22. “The only difference between the hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people.”- Chadwick Boseman
Let’s Wind Up…
Chadwick Boseman had quickly become one of the most sought-after actors in Hollywood. With his iconic role in Marvel’s Black Panther and other notable work in films like 21 Bridges, It was sure that he will keep audiences entertained for years to come. But unfortunately, this great individual has left us.
In addition to his acting skills, Boseman was also a gifted speaker. His powerful words have inspired people all over the world. We hope you enjoyed reading our collection of Chadwick Boseman’s best quotes. If you have any suggestions for future blog posts, let us know!