Former President of India and Bharat Ratna APJ Abdul Kalam was a renowned scientist and thinker who had a lot to say on various topics. He was known for his insightful quotes, which continue to inspire people even today.
We take a look at some of the best quotes by APJ Abdul Kalam and ponder over their significance in today’s world.
About APJ Abdul Kalam
APJ Abdul Kalam was an Indian aerospace scientist and statesman who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. A renowned scientist, Kalam made significant contributions to the development of India’s space program and ballistic missile defense system.
He also played a key role in India’s nuclear weapons tests in 1998. After leaving office, Kalam remained active in public life, working with educational and humanitarian organizations. He also wrote several books, including an autobiography titled “Wings of Fire.”
In 2015, Kalam passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honor. Kalam was born in 1931 in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. After studying physics and aeronautical engineering, he joined the Indian Air Force in 1958.
Kalam eventually left the Air Force to pursue a career in academics and research. In addition to his work in the space program, Kalam also served as a visiting professor at various universities. In 2002, he was elected as President of India with overwhelming support from both major political parties.
During his five-year term, Kalam worked to improve education and scientific research in India. He also advocated for the use of technology to empower ordinary citizens. After leaving office, Kalam continued to work on initiatives to promote education and scientific innovation.
He also remained active in public life, speaking out on issues like poverty, religion, and peace. Kalam was a humble and thoughtful man who inspired people of all ages with his vision for India’s future. He will always be remembered for his dedication to service and his love for his country.
Here are the best APJ Abdul Kalam Status & Quotes
You would be shocked to learn that Dr. Abdul Kalam had 48 doctorates. He received 48 honorary degrees from universities in India and abroad. Let’s take a look at some of the best quotes by this great man:
1. “Enjoy the action of giving”- APJ Abdul Kalam
When you give to others, you are not only making them happy, but you are also filling yourself with happiness. The act of giving is its own reward. When you see a smile on someone’s face because of something you have done for them, that is the best feeling in the world. When you make someone else happy, you are also making yourself happy.
2. “One should never worry about one’s future prospects: instead, it is more important to lay sound foundations, to have sufficient enthusiasm and an accompanying passion for one’s chosen field of study.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
Most people worry about their future prospects at some point in their lives. What will happen if I don’t get the job I want? What if I can’t make enough money to support myself?
These are valid concerns, but it’s more important to focus on the present and lay the foundations for a successful future. This means choosing a field of study that you’re passionate about and working hard to build your skills and knowledge.
With enough enthusiasm and dedication, you’ll be able to achieve anything you set your mind to. So don’t worry about the future – focus on the present, and let the future take care of itself.
3. “He who knows others is learned, but the wise one is the one who knows himself. Learning without wisdom is of no use.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
4. “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
5. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
6. “You should not give up, and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
The society we live in today is full of problems. From poverty and violence to climate change and the ongoing pandemic, it can feel like the world is against us. However, we cannot allow these problems to defeat us.
We must continue to fight for a better future, even when the odds seem insurmountable. This was the message of APJ Abdul Kalam, one of the most respected leaders of our time.
In his quote, he urges us not to give up in the face of adversity. Instead, we must find the strength to keep going, even when the journey is difficult. Only by standing together can we hope to overcome the challenges of our time.
7. “I wonder why some people tend to see science as something which takes man
away from God. As I look at it, the path of science can always wind through the heart. For me, science has always been the path to spiritual enrichment and self-realization.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
8. “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in action.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
Dreams are the foundation of everything we do. They provide a roadmap for our lives and inspire us to take action. Without dreams, we would be stuck in the same place, never reaching our full potential.
Dreams give us something to strive for and fuel our passions. Even if we don’t achieve our dreams, they help us to grow and learn. So dream big, and never give up on your dreams. Because it is only through dreams that we can truly transform the world.
9. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
10. “If you fail, never give up because Fail means “First Attempt In Learning.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
The quote is saying that if you fail, you should never give up. This is because failing just means that it’s your first attempt at learning something. So, if you keep trying, you will eventually learn whatever it is you’re trying to do.
This is a very inspiring message, and it’s something that everyone should remember. Whenever you face a challenge, don’t get discouraged if you don’t succeed right away. Just keep going, and eventually, you’ll get there.
11. “I am not handsome, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help… Because beauty is required in the heart, not in the face…”- APJ Abdul Kalam
12. “Excellence happens not by accident. It is a process.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
The late APJ Abdul Kalam was famously quoted as saying, “excellence happens not by accident. It is a process.” And he was absolutely right! Achieving excellence is never a fluke – it’s always the result of careful planning and hard work.
If you want to be excellent at something, you need to put in the effort and dedication required to get there. There are no shortcuts to excellence; it’s a journey that takes time, patience, and perseverance. But the rewards of reaching your goal are more than worth it.
13. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
14. “Two rules for a peaceful life: Depression in failure should never go to the heart, and ego in success should never go to the brain.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
15. “With faith, you can change your destiny,”- APJ Abdul Kalam
This quote is very inspiring because it shows that no matter what hand we are dealt in life, we always have the power to change our destiny. This is something that I believe very strongly. We may not be able to control everything that happens to us, but we can always control how we react to it.
This is what faith is all about. It’s about believing in yourself and your ability to overcome any obstacle. When you have faith, you know that no matter what happens, you will be able to handle it. This belief gives you the strength to keep going even when things are tough.
16. “To succeed in life and achieve results, you must understand and master three mighty forces— desire, belief, and expectation.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
17. “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
18. “If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
19. “The best brains of the nation may be found on the last benches of the classroom.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
20. “Winners are not those who never fail but those who never quit.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
After all, failure is an essential part of life. It is through our failures that we learn important lessons and gains invaluable experience. Without failure, we would never know the sweet taste of success.
21. “Poetry comes from the highest happiness or the deepest sorrow.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
22. “Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
Many people live their lives weighed down by the perceived failures of their past. They dwell on failed relationships, missed opportunities, and unfulfilled dreams and allow these failures to define them. However, it is important to remember that the past does not have to be a prison. Yes, it can be painful to look back on difficult times, but it is also important to learn from these experiences and move forward.
23. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
24. Once an individual severs his emotional and physical bondage, he is on the road to freedom, happiness, and peace of mind.- APJ Abdul Kalam
Too often, people allow themselves to be controlled by others, whether it is a partner, parent, or other authority figures. This can lead to feelings of resentment and frustration, as well as a loss of personal autonomy.
However, when we take control of our lives and chart our own course, we open ourselves up to new possibilities and experiences. We also gain a greater sense of inner peace and satisfaction.
25. A dream is not that which you see while sleeping; it is something that does not let you sleep.- APJ Abdul Kalam
Dreams are not simply the product of our imagination but rather a goal or ambition that we are driven to achieve. They have the ability to inspire and motivate us and push us beyond our limits.
A dream is something that should not be taken lightly but should be given everything we have in order to make it a reality. Without dreams, we would be living dull and monotonous lives.
Let’s Wind Up…
APJ Abdul Kalam was an amazing person with great insights that he shared with the world. He will be missed, but his quotes will continue to inspire people for years to come.
We hope you enjoyed these 25 quotes, And that they have inspired you in some way. If you have any suggestions for future blog posts, please let us know. We would love to hear from you!