In this crazy, chaotic world, it’s more important than ever to have real-life friendships. And who better to teach us about authentic friendship than Amy Weatherly?
As the author of the novel “I’ll Be There (But I’ll Be Wearing Sweatpants)”, she knows a thing or two about finding friends who will stick by you no matter what.
In this article, we’ll be looking at some of the best Amy Weatherly quotes and exploring the importance of real-life friendship.
About Amy Weatherly
Weatherly is a Texas native and lives with her husband, three children, and two rescue dogs.
She is a no-nonsense woman who believes that women should be brave, confident, and purposeful in their lives. She does so with snappy wit and an approachable attitude.
Amy Weatherly’s novel “I’ll Be There (But I’ll Be Wearing Sweatpants)” is a hilarious and heartwarming story about love, family, and the importance of being yourself. Weatherly’s writing is sharp and funny, and her characters are relatable and endearing.
Here are the Best Amy Weatherly Quotes
Anyone who’s an avid reader knows, that books can transport us to distant lands and introduce us to new people. However, sometimes the best stories are the ones that feel the most relatable.
In Amy Weatherly’s novel “I’ll Be There (But I’ll Be Wearing Sweatpants),” the author captures the complex reality of human relationships. If you haven’t read the novel yet then you are definitely going to enjoy the following quotes:
1. “Freedom is impossible when you’re shackled to other people’s opinions.”-Amy weatherly
Amy Weatherly’s quote “Freedom is impossible when you’re shackled to other people’s opinions.” is so powerful and liberating. It’s true that we are often imprisoned by what others think of us and that can hold us back from being our true selves.
We may be afraid to pursue our dreams or try new things because we don’t want to disappoint others or be judged. But it’s important to remember that we are the only ones who get to decide what we do with our lives.
We should live for ourselves and not let others control us. When we are free from the opinions of others, we can truly be happy and fulfilled.
2. “Making other people feel small doesn’t make you big, it makes you a jerk.”-Amy weatherly
It’s easy to feel inferior when you’re constantly being compared to other people. Whether it’s in school, at work, or even in your personal life, there’s always someone who seems to be doing better than you.
But as Amy Weatherly so wisely says, making others feel small doesn’t make you big. It just makes you a jerk. Constantly trying to one-up others is not only exhausting, but it’s also counterproductive.
So instead of tearing others down, try building them up. Compliment their achievements, praise their efforts, and encourage them to keep going. You’ll be surprised at how good it feels to make someone else feel good.
And who knows? They might just return the favor someday.
3. “I’ll rise. But you’re gonna have to back off and give me a minute before I’m ready to shine, mmmmmkay?”-Amy weatherly
4. “I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: I hope we learn to be the kind of woman we wish someone had been to us.”-Amy weatherly
It’s been said that you should never meet your heroes because they will never live up to the image you have in your head. But what if your hero is someone who you already know?
Someone who has been there for you through thick and thin, cheering you on and offering sage advice? For many of us, that person is our mother. From the moment we are born, they are the ones who nurture and care for us, shaping us into the adults we will one day become.
They are our first teacher, our confidante, and our moral compass. And, as Amy Weatherly so eloquently puts it, we should aspire to be the same type of woman to others that our mother was to us.
After all, there is no greater compliment than having someone look at you and say, “You’re just like your mother.” So let’s strive to be the best version of ourselves, and make our mothers proud.
5. “There’s a whole world of people out there and some of them just weren’t made for you, honey.”-Amy weatherly
6. “Children have this amazing way of becoming exactly who we tell them they are. If we tell them they are strong, they become strong. If we tell them they are kind, they become kind. If we tell them they are capable, they become capable. Speak life into your kids, so they will have what it takes to tackle their own life one day.”-Amy weatherly-Amy weatherly
7. “Friendship shouldn’t feel like squeezing into your skinny jeans. There shouldn’t be any groaning and heaving while you lie on your bed and force the last button through the buttonhole. Friendship should feel like “I’ll be there, but I’ll be wearing sweatpants.”-Amy weatherly
8. “To-do list:
Be less petty.”-Amy weatherly
9. “So many of us live under the delusion that popularity will fill the void in our hearts. Friendship is friendship. Popularity will never be the same thing (ever). We can have a billion people admire us, but that will never fill the same need as having even just one person truly love us.”-Amy weatherly
10. “This is a place where you are invited just to be:
Be exactly who god has called you to be.”-Amy weatherly
11. “If they don’t help you GROW, there’s a good chance they need to go.”-Amy weatherly
A lot of people tend to stay in their comfort zones and never venture out into the world. They are content with their lives and don’t see the need to make any changes.
However, there are also people who are always looking for ways to grow and improve themselves. They are constantly seeking out new experiences and learning opportunities.
These are the people who are most likely to succeed in life. As Amy Weatherly says, “If they don’t help you grow, there’s a good chance they need to go.”
Surround yourself with people who support your growth and who challenge you to be your best self. These are the people who will help you reach your full potential.
12. “You have so much light to shine, sister, and that scares the crap out of satan. Keep stepping all over his face.”-Amy weatherly
13. “I’m against walking into a room feeling fine and leaving thinking you need to fix everything about you to belong.”-Amy weatherly
14. “I am so stinking proud of you girl. Yes, You.”-Amy weatherly
15. “I don’t necessarily know the secret to happiness, but I do know Jesus and Mexican food have never hurt anybody.”-Amy weatherly
16. “Here’s what I know: my life improved significantly the moment I learned that it was okay if everyone didn’t like me.”-Amy weatherly
A lot of people think that in order to be happy, they need everyone’s approval. They think that they need to be liked by everybody in order to feel good about themselves.
But that’s not true at all! In fact, learning that it’s okay if not everyone likes you is one of the best things you can do for yourself. When you realize that you don’t need everyone’s approval, it takes a huge weight off of your shoulders.
You become freer to be yourself, and you don’t have to worry about what other people think of you all the time. As a result, you’ll be happier and more confident.
So next time someone tells you that they don’t like you, just remember: it’s okay! You don’t need their approval to feel good about yourself.
Let’s Wind Up…
That’s all for today! We hope you enjoyed these 16 inspiring quotes from the novel “I’ll Be There (But I’ll Be Wearing Sweatpants)” by Amy Weatherly.
If you have any suggestions for other books that we should feature in a future blog post, please let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family if you found it helpful. Until next time, stay happy and healthy!