Amanda Gorman is a 24-year-old American poet and activist. She was appointed as the first Youth Poet Laureate of the United States. Amanda has been quoted as saying many wise and inspiring things, and we would like to share some of her best quotes with you in this article.
About Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman was born in Los Angeles, California. She was raised by her single mother together with her two siblings.
Amanda also has a twin sister her name is Gabrielle, she is an activist and a filmmaker.
Since her early childhood days, Gorman loved Reading & Writing and her mother also encouraged her. Gorman has Auditory processing disorder and she is also hypersensitive to sound also she has a speech disorder.
Despite having APD & Speech Disorder Gorman states that these limitations have played a major role in making her a good writer and reader.
Gorman became the first author to be featured on XQ Institute’s Book Of The Month in 2017.
Here Are Some of The best Amanda Gorman Quotes
Amanda Gorman has written two books i.e. Change Sings & The Hill We Climb both were published in September 2021. Gorman’s dream is to become The US President one day.
As Amanda is such a talented soul it is very much necessary to understand what she wants to convey to the world through her quotes:
1. “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman’s words have electrified the nation. In just a few short minutes, she managed to capture the hope and determination of a nation struggling to find its way forward. And her words have resonated far beyond the Inaugural platform.
In just a few short lines, she captured the experience of so many Americans who have been struggling through the past year. “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace,” she said. “And the norms and notions of what just is…isn’t always just.”
Amanda Gorman’s words offer a powerful reminder that our nation is founded on the principles of justice and equality and that we must always strive to live up to those ideals.
Amanda Gorman is an inspiration, and her words will continue to echo in our hearts and minds long after Inauguration Day has passed. Thank you, Amanda Gorman, for reminding us of what it means to be American.
2. “Loss is the cost of loving”- Amanda Gorman
3. “There is power in being robbed & still choosing to dance.”- Amanda Gorman
4. “If we merge mercy with might, and might with right, Then love becomes our legacy, And change, our children’s birthright.”- Amanda Gorman
5. “It’s said that ignorance is bliss. Ignorance is this: a vine that sneaks up a tree, killing not by poison, but by blocking out its light.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman’s quote is profoundly eye-opening. It compares ignorance to a vine that strangles a tree by blocking out its light. This is such an accurate description of what ignorance does; it prevents people from growing and learning.
Amanda Gorman is an amazing poet who has the ability to wordsmith complex topics into digestible nuggets of wisdom. This particular quote is so powerful because it can be applied to so many different areas of life.
Whether it’s activists working to raise awareness about social injustice or scientists trying to educate the public about climate change, there are countless examples of people fighting against ignorance.
Amanda Gorman’s quote is a reminder that we all have a role to play in combating ignorance. We can start by educating ourselves and then passing on what we’ve learned to others. Together, we can build a brighter future for everyone.
6. “Words, too, are a type of combat, for we always become what we refuse to say.”- Amanda Gorman
7. “Sometimes, we must call our monster out from under the bed to see he/she/it carries our face.”- Amanda Gorman
8. “For there is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.”- Amanda Gorman
9. “Like a page, we are only legible when opened to one another.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman’s Quote is so powerful and really makes you think about how we are all connected. We are only legible when we open to one another, meaning that we can only truly understand each other when we communicate openly and honestly.
This is such an important message, especially in today’s world where there is so much division. We need to remember that we are all human beings with different experiences and perspectives and that we can learn from each other if we just take the time to listen.
Amanda Gorman is an amazing young woman, and I am so inspired by her words. I hope that we can all take her message to heart and work towards building a more united world.
10. “There is always a light, if only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.”- Amanda Gorman
11. “The first bud of spring sings the other seeds into joining her uprising.”- Amanda Gorman
12. “There is no better compass than compassion.”- Amanda Gorman
13. “The only way to correctly predict The future is to pave it, Is to brave it.”- Amanda Gorman
14. “Shall this leave us bitter? Or better? Grieve. Then choose.”- Amanda Gorman
15. “Change is made of choices, & choices are made of character.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman delivered an inspiring and hope-filled message when she recited her poem “The Hill We Climb” at the 2021 Inauguration. These words have resonated with many people and have served as a reminder that we all have the power to create change.
Indeed, change is made of choices, and these choices are a reflection of our character. Just as Amanda Gorman showed us that it is possible to overcome adversity, we too can choose to be a force for good in the world.
By making conscious decisions that reflect our values, we can create positive change in our communities and beyond. Amanda Gorman’s words are a call to action for us all to be the change we wish to see in the world.
16. “Perhaps pain is like a name, made to sing just for you.”- Amanda Gorman
17. “In this truth, in this faith, we trust. For while we have our eyes on the future, History has its eyes on us.”- Amanda Gorman
18. “Contrary to popular belief, it’s not easy for us to lie. Even the body has tells, even our blood runs toward truth.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman is known for her spoken word poetry, and her quote about lying is one of her most popular. The idea that we are not good at lying is one that resonates with many people, as it feels like the truth should be easy to tell.
However, research has shown that even small lies can have a big impact on our physiology. When we lie, our heart rate increases, and our pupils dilate.
This is because lying requires more cognitive effort than telling the truth, and our body reacts accordingly. So next time you’re tempted to tell a white lie, remember that your body might give you away. Amanda Gorman’s quote is a reminder that the truth is always worth telling, even if it’s not easy.
19. “Only when we’re drowning do we understand how fierce our feet can kick.”- Amanda Gorman
20. “Somehow we’ve weathered and witnessed A nation that isn’t broken, but simply unfinished.”- Amanda Gorman
21. “To tell the truth, then, is to risk being remembered by its fiction.”- Amanda Gorman
22. “Please. Do not ask us who we are. The hardest part of grief Is giving it a name.”- Amanda Gorman
23. “Always remember that What happened to us Happened through us.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman gives us a lot to think about with this quote. What does it mean to have something happen “through” us? Does it mean that we are powerless to stop it?
Or does it mean that we are an active part of the experience, shaping it as it happens? It’s an interesting perspective and one that Amanda Gorman has clearly thought a lot about.
The truth is, that everything that happens to us happens through us. We may not be able to control what comes our way, but we can control how we respond to it. Amanda Gorman reminds us that our response is what matters most. It’s what shapes the experience and determines the outcome.
24. “Take a knee to make a stand.”- Amanda Gorman
25. “Like light, we can’t be broken, even when we bend.”- Amanda Gorman
26. “The norms and notions of what “just is’ isn’t always “justice”.”- Amanda Gorman
27. “Poke the scar until it speaks. This is how every memory starts.”- Amanda Gorman
28. “Some days, we just need a place Where we can bleed in peace.”- Amanda Gorman
29. “Our scars are the brightest Parts of us.”- Amanda Gorman
30. “It isn’t knowing, but remembering, that makes us create.”- Amanda
It’s not necessarily what we know that allows us to create, but what we remember. And what we choose to forget. Memory is often selective, highlighting the moments, people, and experiences that are most important to us.
It is through our memories that we are able to create something new. Whether it’s a work of art, a new business, or simply a new way of looking at the world, our memories allow us to draw on the past and build something better for the future.
Amanda Gorman’s latest quote is a reminder of the power of memory and its ability to help us create something new and beautiful. Thanks for the reminder, Amanda! We’ll never forget it.
31. “To be kept to the edges of existence is the inheritance of the marginalized.”- Amanda Gorman
32. “We write Because you might listen.”- Amanda Gorman
33. “We are desperate to flatten the curve. Oh, how we miss curving into each other.”- Amanda Gorman
34. “Since the world is round, There is no way to walk away From each other, for even then We are coming back together.”- Amanda Gorman
Amanda Gorman’s words have brought comfort and hope to many in these dark times. Her poetry often explores themes of unity and connection, and this quote is no different.
In a world that seems increasingly divided, her words remind us that we are all connected. No matter how far we walk away from each other, we will always end up coming back together.
This is because the world is round, and there is no escaping each other. Her words remind us that we are all in this together and that, ultimately, we will come out of this stronger and more united than ever before.
Amanda Gorman’s words are a reminder of the power of poetry to bring people together and inspire hope in the darkest of times.
Let’s Wind Up…
Gorman has been quoted as saying, “Knowledge is power. I want to be a part of shifting narratives so that young people can see themselves in books and on stages and in positions of authority.” With wisdom beyond her years, Gorman’s words offer inspiration for anyone looking to make their mark on the world.
We hope you enjoyed these 34 quotes from this impressive young woman and that they left you feeling motivated to achieve your own dreams. Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments!