A Court of Thorns and Roses is a young adult novel series written by Sarah J. Mass. The first book was published in May 2015. The series follows the story of Feyre, a human who is taken to live in the faerie land Prythian after killing a member of the faerie court.
Throughout the series, Feyre must navigate her new life, all while trying to protect her loved ones from the dangers of Prythian.
The quotes from this series are absolutely beautiful and inspiring. We hope that you enjoy reading them as much as we did!
About A Court of Thorns and Roses Novel Series
If you’re looking for an exciting new fantasy series to dive into, look no further than Sarah J. Mass’s A Court of Thorns and Roses novels. These books follow the story of Feyre, a young woman who is drawn into a world of magic and danger after killing a faerie.
The series is full of twists and turns, and Mass does an excellent job of world-building, creating a rich and detailed setting for her characters to inhabit. The romance is also well done, with Feyre and her love interest, Rhysand, having great chemistry.
If you’re looking for a new fantasy series to get lost in, you won’t be disappointed with A Court of Thorns and Roses.
Here are the Best Acotar Quotes
The series consists of beautiful quotes, which are worth going through once, We have tried to list some of the best quotes here for your reading pleasure :
1. “Pity those who don’t feel anything at all.”― Sarah J. Maas
Emotions are what make us human. They are what allow us to feel happiness, sadness, love, anger, and everything in between. Without them, we would be little more than robots going through the motions of life.
We would not be able to appreciate the good moments or learn from the bad ones. Emotions are what make us who we are, and we should never take them for granted.
So next time you’re feeling angry or sad or happy or anything at all, take a moment to appreciate it. Because without emotions, life would be pretty empty.
2. “We need hope, or else we cannot endure.”― Sarah J. Maas
3. “Everything I love has always had a tendency to be taken from me. I tell very few about the wings. Or the flying.”― Sarah J. Maas
4. “My priority would be to protect my family — and I would have picked whatever side could keep them safest. I hadn’t thought of it as a weakness until now.”― Sarah J. Maas
5. “Don’t feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.”― Sarah J. Maas
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and forget what brings us joy. We get so wrapped up in our work, our families, and our responsibilities that we often neglect the things that make us happy.
However, it’s important to remember that our happiness is just as important as anything else in our lives. Taking time for ourselves to do the things we enjoy not only makes us feel good but can also help us to be more productive and successful in other areas of our life.
So don’t feel guilty about taking some time out for yourself to do something you love. It’s vital to your wellbeing!
6. “Better to die with my chin held high than groveling like a cowering worm.”― Sarah J. Maas
7. “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.”― Sarah J. Maas
8. “I love you,” I said, and stabbed him.”― Sarah J. Maas
9. “Against slavery, against tyranny, I would gladly go to my death, no matter whose freedom I was defending.”― Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J. Maas’s words are a powerful reminder that we all have the potential to stand up against injustice, even at the risk of our own lives. Throughout history, there have been countless individuals who have bravely fought against tyrannical regimes and oppressive social systems.
In many cases, these individuals have paid the ultimate price for their courage. However, their sacrifice has not been in vain; their actions have inspired others to follow in their footsteps and continue the fight for freedom.
In a world that is still plagued by slavery and tyranny, Sarah J. Maas’s words remind us that we all have the power to make a difference.
10. “Each of us has a beast roaming beneath our skin, roaring to get out.”― Sarah J. Maas
11. “Only you decide what breaks you.”― Sarah J. Maas
In our lives, we will undoubtedly face challenges. Some of these challenges will be big, and some will be small. Some will be external, and some will be internal. But all of them will have the potential to break us.
The question is: what decides if they actually do? The answer is simple: only you can decide what breaks you. You might face a situation that seems impossible to overcome, but if you have the strength to keep going, you will find a way through it.
On the other hand, you might encounter a problem that seems relatively minor, but if you let it get the better of you, it can end up wreaking havoc on your life. In the end, it all comes down to how you deal with the challenges you face.
If you’re able to stay strong, even in the darkest of times, you will always find a way to overcome whatever tries to break you.
12. “You didn’t tell me this would happen.”― Sarah J. Maas
13. “If it grieves you,” he said, the words caressing my bones, “then I don’t think it’s absurd at all.”― Sarah J. Maas
14. “You didn’t ask. So how am I to blame?”― Sarah J. Maas
15. “I don’t like good-byes. If I could, I’d just walk out and not say anything.” Alis”― Sarah J. Maas
16. “Do you lie awake at night to come up with all your witty replies for the following day?”― Sarah J. Maas
17. “It’s a rare day indeed when someone thanks you for bringing them to their death.”― Sarah J. Maas
Indeed, it is a rare day when someone thanks you for bringing them to their death. And yet, that is exactly what happens in Sarah J. Maas’s A Court of Thorns and Roses series. The protagonist, Feyre, is brought to the Spring Court by Tamlin, one of the High Lords of Prythian, under false pretenses.
She soon realizes that she is nothing more than a prisoner and Tamlin has no intention of ever letting her go. However, she also comes to realize that Prythian is in danger and that Tamlin is the only one who can save it.
With her help, Tamlin defeats the Dark curse that has been plaguing Prythian for centuries. In the end, Feyre not only saves Prythian but also gives her life to do so. And yet, she does not regret it, for she knows that her sacrifice was worth it.
18. “I stepped out of the shelter of my savior’s arm and turned to thank him. Standing before me was the most beautiful man I’d ever seen.”― Sarah J. Maas
19. “I came to claim the one I love.”― Sarah J. Maas
20. “That’s what happens when you’re responsible for lives other than your own, isn’t it? You do what you have to do.” ― Sarah J. Maas
When you’re responsible for lives other than your own, you can’t just do what you want. You have to do what’s best for everyone, even if it’s not what you want. That’s why parents make sacrifices for their children, even though they may not always want to.
They do it because they know it’s what’s best for their children. And that’s why soldiers fight for their country, even though they may not always agree with the reasons. They do it because they know it’s their duty.
So if you find yourself in a position of responsibility, don’t be afraid to make the tough decisions. It’s not always easy, but it’s always worth it.
21. “There is a better world out there, waiting for you to find it.”― Sarah J. Maas
22. “Fate had kept me alive just to get to this point, just to see if I was listening.”― Sarah J. Maas
23. “Love won’t feed a hungry belly”― Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J. Maas is an author that knows her stuff when it comes to love. Her novel A Court of Thorns and Roses is a beautiful story about love blooming in the most unlikely of places. But, as she so wisely states, love won’t feed a hungry belly.
Meaning, simply put, that love cannot sustain a person on its own. This is something we often forget in the throes of new love. We think that because we are in love, everything will be perfect and we will never be hungry or hurt again.
Unfortunately, that’s just not how life works. Love is important, but it’s not the only thing that matters. We need food to survive, just as we need love to thrive.
So, next time you’re feeling overwhelmed by love, remember that it’s only one piece of the puzzle. You still need to take care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. Only then can you truly be happy and content.
24. “I wanted to fade into it, wanted the light of that sun to burn me away, to fill me with such joy that I would become a ray of sunshine myself.”― Sarah J. Maas
The sun is one of the most wonderful things in the world. It’s so bright and warm and it just makes you feel happy. Remember when we were younger, We would lay in the grass and just stare at the sun.
We wanted to fade into it, wanted the light of that sun to burn us away, to fill us with such joy that we would become a ray of sunshine ourselves. And for a moment, We would feel like we were part of something greater than ourselves, something so much brighter and more beautiful.
The sun is a living thing, a star that’s been burning for billions of years, and it’s so amazing that we get to experience its light and warmth. Every day, we should take a moment to appreciate the sun and all it does for us.
Let’s Wind Up…
If you haven’t had a chance to read the series yet, we hope these quotes have intrigued you enough to check it out. The world Sarah J. Mass has created is one full of magic and adventure, and her characters are fascinating and multi-dimensional.
Thanks for joining us on this exploration of the Acotar world. We hope you enjoyed these intriguing quotes as much as we did. If you have any suggestions for future posts, let us know! In the meantime, happy reading.